Corsair Community

Corsair Flash Voyager 16GB USB 3.0 Slow Write Speeds

trparky

I have a Corsair Flash Voyager 16GB USB 3.0 (Model CMFVYGT3A-16GB) USB Flash Drive that was bought on November 3, 2012 from Amazon.com.

According to the tech specs for this particular USB Flash Drive I should have a write speed of 45 MB/s but according to Crystal Disk Mark I'm not seeing anywhere near those speeds. I'm not even seeing those kinds of speeds in normal every day usage.

I have attached a screenshot of the Crystal Disk Mark benchmark test that I ran on the USB Flash Drive. As you can see, I'm getting 10 MB/s on Sequential tests, 1.5 MB/s on 512K tests, and absolutely abysmal results on the 4K and 4Q QD32 tests.

What can I do about this?

The only reason why I opened a new thread about this particular issue is that I think I may have a different device than what's talked about in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120540. It seems like it may be the same issue but that thread's talking about a 32 GB model, I have a 16 GB model. That and the fact that that thread mentioned "Turbo" and "Turbo" isn't in the my product's name.

992600145_bechmarktest.png.91d493ba15a9435a651b3f8788d728c0.png

Archived