Corsair Community

Vengeance K70 stuck keys, sometimes no reaction on keypress

bernisv

Hello,

i´ve purchased the Vengeance K70 Keyboard - superb keyboard, but big problems.

Sometimes the keyboard dont register a keypress, so you have to press the key a second time. Another problem is, that you press a key an it will stuck (for example in a game with a key mapped to move back - you move back all the time - but you dont press the key anymore :-(!

My system is in good shape, the keyboard was detected correct, it is no driver interference. It´s the keyboard himself.

I´m living in Germany and use the keyboard for typing and gaming.

I think i will resend it back and buy another one from an another company - i have seen in another forums now, that other cusomers have the same problems with the k70. So i´m a bit dissapointed from a 125 € keyboard, that makes this problems.

There is no firmware update for this model and it uses the native keyboard driver from microsoft (no corsair driver).

Before i have many other mechanical keyboards, but i have never had issues like this.

But maybe there is someone, who has a tip to resolve the problems. I can resend the keyboard after 2 weeks of purchase.

Thank you!

Greetings Berni

Hello,

first thanks for reply :-)!

Yes, i have tried different USB-ports and i have the newest BIOS and Drivers installed. Also i have tried different polling rates with the dip-switch on the back of the keyboard - the same problem. I think it´s a simple Firmware problem. Mechanically its all ok (the mechanical switch/ key come back correctly after the press of the key).

I know, that there are problems with steelseries engine components, or logitech drivers. So i uninstalled them and cleaned the machine completely from them. Also cleaned the bindings in safemode and uninstall over the hidden components in the hardware manager - registry cleaner, etc.

But thats not the reason. Whe i connect another mechanical keyboard, i haven´t the problems.

Greetings Berni

More than likely its because your using USB 2 ports, when i first installed mine i plugged it into my USB 2 ports to save the use of USB 3 for something more important, i soon noticed the back light flickering on and off and i could not work it out. The problem i had and more than likely your having is that The USB 2 ports dont deliver enough power to the keyboard (Dont hold me to this) but that fixed my problem quick smart and should fix yours too.

It might be a bad keyboard or a firmware update needed if the keys sometimes do not register.

I'd suggest you contact your seller and ask if they can replace the keyboard for you. If not ,request an RMA to replace it. There is also currently no firmware updates for the keyboard.

Hello, I would first check your polling rate, the switch at the top of the keyboard. Slowly change it one click at a time to see if corrects the issue.

I would also be sure you don't have stick keys set in windows 7, quickly pressing keys like shift will prompt you to turn them on. Anything is possible.

I was having issues, and I found out that I was missing usb.inf in c:windows\inf, I will check back, but it isn't hard to find with some hunting via command line. Dir usb.inf /s to find it, and copy it back to windows\inf

Check to see if there is anything out of the ordinary in your device manager, good luck.

Archived