Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance 2000 Mic Problem

hillyhill32

I have been using my corsair vengeance 2000 headset for a while now and it was all working perfectly, but recently I purchased a new computer and am now using the headset on the new computer. The audio works fine, however, it seems that there is an issue with the microphone.

It doesn't work in programmes such as skype coming up with "recording device error", also it fails to record sound files using windows sound recorder, and even the mic check feature that loops back the sound from the mic doesn't play anything back as if the mic is muted.

I have tried testing it again on my old computer and everything works fine so i think it might be an issue with the drivers on my new computer.

I have reinstalled the latest corsair headset drivers and also the latest realtek hd audio drivers but it doesn't seem to work still.

I would like to know if anyone has any ideas to get this mic working again.

Thanks in advance.

Hilly

Do you have any other USB audio mic hooked up to the new computer? Maybe even something built in that they have for some reason hooked into the USB? Then try deactivating that or just yanking it out.

It would seem Windows makes one audio driver for audio, disallowing several such devices.

Archived