Corsair Community

Corsair CX500M PCI E connector help!

sach911

I have a Corsair CX500M PSU. it came with a 8pin PCI E connector which splits into two 6+2 connectors at the other end. I'd like to have a 8pin PCI E cable and a 6pin PCI E cable separately if i purchase them instead of one cable. Im using only one sata power cable and one peripheral power cable other than the PCI E cable i currently have. So i have one place left for a 6pin connector on the psu. Can it (number 1 in the picture) be used to plug in a 6pin PCI E cable while using the other one (number 2) with a 8pin PCI E cable? Thanks!

PS: Im going to use a gtx760 with the power supply

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8749/isph.jpg

I have a Corsair CX500M PSU. it came with a 8pin PCI E connector which splits into two 6+2 connectors at the other end. I'd like to have a 8pin PCI E cable and a 6pin PCI E cable separately if i purchase them instead of one cable. Im using only one sata power cable and one peripheral power cable other than the PCI E cable i currently have. So i have one place left for a 6pin connector on the psu. Can it (number 1 in the picture) be used to plug in a 6pin PCI E cable while using the other one (number 2) with a 8pin PCI E cable? Thanks!

PS: Im going to use a gtx760 with the power supply

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8749/isph.jpg

If possible can you take a picture of the 8pin Pcie cable that you plug into your Cx500m? Im trying to determine if my wire is faulty and it would greatly assist me, as for some unknown reason my 8 pin PCIE connector that goes into the PSU end only has 7 Pins.

If possible can you take a picture of the 8pin Pcie cable that you plug into your Cx500m? Im trying to determine if my wire is faulty and it would greatly assist me, as for some unknown reason my 8 pin PCIE connector that goes into the PSU end only has 7 Pins.

Spencar, I already answer this in your thread.

No, it's not normal. You should have 4 hot wires and four grounds. Yours is missing one of them.

oh man sorry, im sleeving my psu cables right now so ive taken them out of the connector. but when you hold the 8pin connector towards you with the locking mechanism part facing downwards, the leftmost upper pin should be empty. no wires going into it. the one below it should have two wires going into it. all the others have one wire for each one of them. hope this helped.

Archived