Corsair Community

Wrong memory?

neff2k

What a great forum. Have a question. I think I bought the wrong memory. I bought the TWINX2048RE-3200 for my Asus AV8. What is the best option to get 2GB on this board? When I put this memory in the system won't even boot up to the bios. Only way I can get into the bios is either putting the memory in slots 3 & 4 or just 4. Even then everytime I save the bios (Changes or no changes) it goes back to not even booting up. No video or anything.

So am I right in saying that I ordered the wrong memory for this board? And is the best option to get 2GB into this motherboard 4 x TWINX1024-3200XLPRO.

Thanks...

Darrell

Thanks for the info, although the C2 is a littlebit out of my price range. Think I will just stick with the XL. Reason I am looking for 2GB is I do digital photo editing and Photoshop just sucks down any bit of memory you can throw at it. Again appreciate the response.

Darrell

• Corsair Employees

You can run 4 modules with this MB but you may not be able to with tight timings. I would suggest the settings listed bellow for best performance and compatibality with 4 modules!

Dim Voltage: 2.8 Volts

CAS Latency CL=2.0

Row Cycle Time tRC Bios Default

Row Refresh Cyc Time tRFC Bios Default

Ras# to CAS# delay tRCD 3

Row to Row delay Bios Default

Min Ras# Active Time tRAS 11

Row Precharge Time tRP 2

Write Recovery Time Bios Default

Write to Read delay Bios Default

Read to Write Delay Bios Default

Refresh Period tREF Bios Default

Enable 2T Timing enabled

You can try and tighten the timings but I would test the system with http://www.memtest.org to make sure it's stable! In addition, update the bios to 1.006 beta 6 or newer before you start!

Its actually pretty pathetic, I couldn't wait to start building this system, and the new REAL memory won't be here until Tuesday or Wednesday. Went everywhere in town looking for some quality memory to get my by on. Ended up the only place still open after I got off work was best buy, so bought 2 512 kits of Kingston Dual Channel DDR just to get me by. I can't wait to get rid of that memory and put in some quality.

Thanks,

Darrell

Archived