Corsair Community

Asus P4C800-E And XMS PRO ram

TRAY00

I'm new to computer building. I wanted a computer to serve the needs of my wife (Digital scrapbooking) and myself (gaming and analog to digital conversion) along with basic broadband surfing. I've been researching for some time. I've purchased a powmax case w/480 watt power supply, Sony Black 16X DVD ROM/40X CD ROM, Sony 1.44 MB 3.5" Floppy Drive FDD - Black, ASUS P4C800-E DELUXE. I'm looking at the Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz / 1MB Cache / 800MHz FSB / Socket 478 / BX80546PG3200E (SL7E5) CPU. The remaining items on my shopping list are Maxtor 250GB SATA Hard Drive ( X 2 ), PLEXTOR PX-712A, RADEON ALL IN WONDER 9800 PRO 128MB, Audigy 2 ZS Platinum. I wanted the XMS pro ram ( I like the LED's ). When I used Corsairs web site they didn't show the XMS as a compatible ram for the asus mobo I selected. They suggested Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2. Will the xms work on my board and if so considering my intent which xms would you recommend? Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

Tray00

• Corsair Employees

LOL!

Well XMS is the branding and Twinx1024-3200C2 would be an XMS module.

In addition, weather it's PT or Pro would not be important. For example,

The Configurator shows XMS3200C2, XMS3200LL and XMS3200XL as well as a few others as being compatible. And all of these come in a Pro version.

Please see "What does C2, LL, PT, R or RE stand for in the part#?", as that should help explain this. But XMS3200C2 and XMS3200C2Pro would be the same memory just the Pro version has the activity LED's on the module!

Thanks for the quick response! I 'm a newbie but learning. Glad to hear that I can use the pro LED version ram (I have a Window Case). I'm sure there will be more questions to follow as this computer comes together.

Thanks again,

TRAY00 :biggrin:

Archived