Corsair Community

Warranty Request

Hi,

P4P800 - Deluxe

CMX512-32000C2 X 2

XP SP1

About 1 year old.

Last couple of months started getting a blue screen every 8-12 hours. (STOP 0x0000007F) The last week it would be every 2-3 hours. This morning I couldn't get my computer to go to post. Moved slot 2 memory to slot 1 and removed slot 1 from system. Slot 1 memory has two burned copper(?) connectors. System has NOT been overclocked. Would like to exchange memory. If I continue to have problems would like to swap both sticks but would have to do it one at a time as I have no spare memory and cannot go without my computer.

Thank You.

Running with the single "good" stick I still get 0x0000007F errors. Forgot to mention in my earlier post that yesterday I did a full media scan of my harddrive (No errors), reformatted the drive, and currently running a fresh install of Windows XP. No hardware changes in the last year except the addition of a wireless network PCI card. Problems started several months after installing the card and still occur when I remove the card & drivers.

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest you submit both modules for RMA so they match. And I would inspect your MB to make sure there is not some problem with the slot's or MB; in fact I would just RMA it if it were me. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived