Corsair Community

TWINX1024-3200C2PT Computer Lock ups

Sinate

have been plagued with full system lock ups for 3 weeks now, and they r driving me mad... It normally happens while playing UT2004, but sometimes happens during Star Wars Galaxies too.

Im unsure what ratios i should be using so im using defaults on the ram which is 3-3-3-8

I set a CPU load test going for 4 hours and not a crash, so i dont think its my cpu.... I normally get 2-3 locks ups per 4 hours... some days its more some its less. once it happens once it gets more & more frequent. Last night for example, i played SWG for 5 hours and not a problem i was well happy, but closed swg and loaded ut2004 ad within 5 mins i got a lock up, i restarted and reloaded ut2004 and within 15 mins i got another..... restarted again and played SWG 10 mins then locked :(

I have also tried reinstalling both the games in question

I tried to run memtest31 i think it was, it made the boot disk i put it in and it begin to load on restart, after a few secs screen went blue then restarted.... and keeps restarting until i remove the disk... i ahve tried various disks to no avail.

So afer testing the gfx card in another machine i know thats not the prob.... it only leaves the mobo and RAM, but i cant check the ram as the program wont work :(

My New System Spec is

Abit IS7-E2 Mobo

P4 3.2 ghz @ 3.267 Prescott Edition , Im using default bios setting for my cpu speed

TWINX1024-3200C2PT RAM

2 X 80 gig, Sata HDD Seagate Barracuda's

Radeon X800 XT

Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS Plat Pro

Dvd Rom

Dvd Writer

550w psu

Water cooling, from koolance for CPU only

Idle CPU Temp is 32c - Loaded is 39c

Idle Gfx Temp is 38c - Loaded is 46c

Idle PWM Temp is 45c - Loaded is 62c

PWM is power something on abit boards.

I dont think cooling is a prob either, as i hear the pwm is safe until 100c...

Any ideas would be great please !

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest you test with http://www.memtest.org Version 1.26 or newer and then test the modules one at a time and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and set the timings to Cass 2-3-3-6! If you get errors with both modules, please remove the Creative sound card and test the modules again to see if it might be an issue with that S/C. Or if one is failing then please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

• Corsair Employees
If memtest86 found no problems or errors on the memory when testing two modules at the same time, then I will suggest you to look at other hardware/peripherals installed on your system. I do not think the problem is coming from the memory modules!

Archived