Corsair Community

AX1200i self test successful but can't power on? please help

Paulada

I just got my new and first rig using the AX1200i.

After I installed it in my PC and when plugging the power cord in and flipping the switch on the back of the PSU to On (I) none of devices power on and my motherboard LED isn't turning on either (so I can't I boot the computer).

Then I tried the "self test". So I did not hook up anything. Plugged the power supply cord straight to the wall. Press and hold the self test button and I hear a "click" sound followed the LED green light and fan from the PS started spinning. Awesome. There is no RED light. So by the manual it is ok and I am good to go.

Then I hooked up all cables again that came with the original package but the computer can't power on.

I verified each cable at the time by using the self test; cooler fans working, optical drive working, hard drivers seems working fine too.

The problem seems to show up when I plug the ATX 24-pin connector so the other devices stop working because the power supply cant turn on. However it is curious when I get the RAM lights on (from corsair dominator) on the self test when I unplug part of ATX 24-pin connector from the power supply by leaving just the major connector (14 pin) plugged on.

By the way my GPU fan and motherboard LED are not turning on.

Any idea?

RIG

----------------------------------------------------------------

CHIP: Intel 3930

MOB: ASROCK X79 Extreme 11

RAM: Corsair Dominator 16g (2x8) - 2400mhz - dual channel

SSD: 2x 240GB Scandisk

HD: 2x 3T Seagate Barracuda

COL: Corsair H100 liquid cooler

OPD: ASUS BW-12B1ST

Yep, I just did as you said and PSU is working fine with the clipboard test.

1) Is it possible the PSU has damaged my MO when hooking up the cables on it? I swear I did not mess up with 24-pin to the aux 12volts power connectors. I connected both two aux. 12volts power connectors plus the ATX-24pin on the motherboard on their right place. I know swapping these cables connections will cause issues.

2) There is a way to test if the MOB is really dead or not?

1) Is it possible the PSU has damaged my MO when hooking up the cables on it?

1)The only way that could happen is if the PSU was bad . But your appears to be working just fine. You can't swap the 24 pin and 12v EPS cables. They wouldn't fit anyway.

2) There is a way to test if the MOB is really dead or not?

The only real way to test this would be to use another PSU. Or take it to a shop and have them test it for you.

Archived