Corsair Community

HX1000W Second bad 24 Pin Connector

Miller1236

I have Hx1000W PSU that a I received from my RMA April 20th, I have a Asus P6X58D Premium Mother board, the 24 pin connector from the PSU keep shorting out my MB, the first PSU also did the same, is there any way to fix this issue. I had to purchase a new PSU and would hate to RMA the HX1000 PSU again. This is the same problem with my HX1000 I found

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=98670&highlight=HX1000

After two PSU's doing the exact same thing, I would seriously look at your board to be the issue and not so much the PSU.

Is it the same pin that is shorting out?

All you can do is RMA the PSU and if you get a third one that does the same thing, you should get rid of that board.

I don't see where the link you provided has anything to do with your issue. They are completely different. That guy wasn't frying 24pin connectors.

After two PSU's doing the exact same thing, I would seriously look at your board to be the issue and not so much the PSU.

Is it the same pin that is shorting out?

All you can do is RMA the PSU and if you get a third one that does the same thing, you should get rid of that board.

I don't see where the link you provided has anything to do with your issue. They are completely different. That guy wasn't frying 24pin connectors.

Maybe I did not explain it correctly, but my computer was having the same exact issue shutting down for no reason, I went through the same step as the guy in the thread, and no it is not the motherboard and I did not say it was frying out my 24 pin connector. I decided to invest for a new PSU instead of spending more money on RMAing, and have had no sudden shut downs ,everything been working fine. Why would I get rid of a good working board, your advice would have cost me more money and time. It seem like the Hx1000 24pin connector does not work well with this board.

Maybe I did not explain it correctly, but my computer was having the same exact issue shutting down for no reason, I went through the same step as the guy in the thread, and no it is not the motherboard and I did not say it was frying out my 24 pin connector.

I have a Asus P6X58D Premium Mother board, the 24 pin connector from the PSU keep shorting out my MB, the first PSU also did the same

You said in your original post that it's shorting at the MB. Your first PSU did the same. Correct? So thats two PSU's that are acting the same way????

Maybe i shouldn't have used the word "frying connectors" but a short non the less.

I decided to invest for a new PSU instead of spending more money on RMAing, a

All you would have had to do was get in touch with CS. They would have picked up the shipping costs on all second RMA's. You could have even asked for an advanced replacement if you needed one.

Why would I get rid of a good working board, your advice would have cost me more money and time. It seem like the Hx1000 24pin connector does not work well with this board

All I suggested was that IF you had a third PSU that has the same issue THEN it would be a good idea to get rid of the board. I did not say to just toss it. But after multiple PSU's having the exact same issue , then it starts to not look like a power issue.

• Corsair Employees
It seem like the Hx1000 24pin connector does not work well with this board.

This seems very specific as to what is causing the problem. Do you see any burnt mark on the MB's 24pin connector? I wouldn't rule out the MB being the culprit here, knowing that this is your 2nd PSU and getting the same result, you may want to start looking into the MB and see if its functioning correctly.

This seems very specific as to what is causing the problem. Do you see any burnt mark on the MB's 24pin connector? I wouldn't rule out the MB being the culprit here, knowing that this is your 2nd PSU and getting the same result, you may want to start looking into the MB and see if its functioning correctly.

No burnt mark on MB and MB working great, I install a new OCZ PSU and everything is working fine. It took me days to figure out it was the 24pin connector or could be a bad HX1000 PSU. I have been building and repairing PC for 12 years and this is my first time I've come across this issue. Can you please send me a RMA number and prepaid shipping label.

Archived