puckmarin

I just built the following PC:

Intel i7-3820

Asus Sabertooth x79 Motherboard

Corsair CX750 PSU

Evga GTX 680 Graphics Card

Windows 7 Ultimate

I'm having some issues with the H80i.

• CorsairLink2 does not detect it at all. I originally installed Win 8 on my system, thought that was the issue and switched to Win 7 Ultimate.
  • When the system boots the LED on the H80i glows white until Windows 7 starts
  • I am currently running a mini-USB cable from the H80i to the back of my PC. I've tried both USB 2 and USB 3 inputs
  • The unit seems to be working. I can hear the pump pumping and my CPU temps are normally in the mid-30s C, slightly higher under 100% load.
  • I ended up unplugging the fans from the H80i and plugging them directly into my motherboard because it seemed like they were running at a really high speed before that.
  • I think that Windows 7 recognizes the H80i (checked Device manager) but I'm not 100% sure.
  • I had to turn of CPU fan monitoring in BIOS, otherwise I always got a "CPU Fan not detected error. The H80i is currently plugged into the main CPU Fan 3-prong slot on the Motherboard. It's also plugged into the power supply.

Thoughts? The unit doesn't seem to be broken. There just seems to be some sort of "disconnect" between the H80i and Windows

CorsairLINK is the latest one available for download on the website.

Pic forthcoming... Installing a bunch of windows update stuff now

no hurry,the updates will keep you bz ,i just went thru that crap.i hate it when it waits to shutdown for one measly update everytime for the first week it seems.

heres is the pic thats needed

1763299643_deviceexpanded.thumb.jpg.b38d44872ae965b633007b11cfafefff.jpg

make sure current usb drivers are up to date,you can try hot plugging the usb,or try another usb header or another usb cable itself but your hydro isnt being recognized

installing the link software while running updates can corrupt the software as it happened to me.

Now that's interesting...

I uninstalled CorsairLINK 2, rebooted and reinstalled with my H80i unplugged from USB. When I started CorsairLink 2 it showed no attached devices, unlike the picture above.

I connected the H80i via USB, restarted CorsairLINK 2 and it then showed the devices attached above (in the pic) but it still doesn't show the H80i attached.

shouldnt install with usb unplugged as the software has no hardware [hydro] to see on. install,,,your computer peripherals vid card,cpu ect will show as their connected when installing software.

do this

uninstall all including prog x86/corsair,apps roaming/corsair and shut off

restart with hydro connected and reinstall this

http://www.corsair.com/us/media/cms/drivers/CorsairLINK2_Installer_v2.3.4816.exe

No change and that's the version of LINK that I already had installed.

I was able to confirm a few things:

1. the LED on the H80i goes off once Windows starts to boot. I'm assuming that this coincides with Win 7 loading USB drivers? If windows doesn't boot (i.e. I'm messing around in BIOS) the LED stays.

2. I'm torture testing with Prime95 now and CPU temps are acceptable. It's been running for about 30 minutes and it's hovering right around the low 50s C. So I'm assuming that the H80i is working. Either it is or I have really good airflow in my PC and it's being passively cooled.

no its certainly cooling running prime 95 with those temps.

it almost has to be a usb conflict/driver issue not allowing the software to interact.

what devices are hooked to the usb headers and external usb ports?

The only thing hooked to the USB header internally is the lead to the front side USB ports on my computer case.

Externally (i.e on the back of the motherboard) I've got my mouse (Gigabyte Force M7 Thor) and a mini USB cable attached to the h80i.

Could my front panel USB connector be interfering?

The only thing hooked to the USB header internally is the lead to the front side USB ports on my computer case.

Externally (i.e on the back of the motherboard) I've got my mouse (Gigabyte Force M7 Thor) and a mini USB cable attached to the h80i.

Could my front panel USB connector be interfering?

yes its possible,worth checking but after unplugging a cold boot is needed.

No dice.

It's almost certainly something that is keeping Windows from seeing the h80i as a USB device. It's cooling because it's working via it's "default" profile which is probably fine in the long run.

The biggest problem is that I have to have the fan controls attached to the motherboard and not directly to the H80i. If I do they just spin at 100%

• Corsair Employees
Please uninstall that version and reboot and then instal the latest BETA at the top of this section. And before you install it make sure that you have the USB 3.0 driver installed for your MB. Then right click on the file you down load to install and install it as an admin.

• 2 years later...

Any luck with this?

I'm in the same boat.

No h80i Gt

Tried everything. (Made a ticket)

Win7 x64 SP1

Giga x99-ud4p-latest firmware

Tried 2 USB headers

Tried a mini USB

Removed other USB peripherals

Uninstalled software.

Tried 3 dif mini USB cables