Corsair Community

H60 cooler broken standoff screw and thumbscrew

cwattyeso

I have the Corsair H60 cooler and was noticing some quite odd temperature readings from my system. When I checked my assembly I noticed there was some play in cooler mounted on the cpu. I assumed I needed to tighten the thumbscrews some more. Trying to tighten one the thread on the standoff screw snapped and is now stuck in the thumbscrew. So I only have three fixings holding my cooler onto the motherboard.

On further inspection the excess play I discovered is coming from the backplate itself which is moving about 2mm in the motherboard. So its not fastening firmly.

I only purchased the cooler in February this year and have tried to register on the website for customer service but keep getting an error. I believe I need a new bracket and screws which offer a better and tighter fit to my Asus P8Z77-V motherboard,

the looseness in the backplate is normal when the block isnt tight

try clearing your cache before registering or using another browser.it isnt at corsairs end as i just logged on and checked.

hope this helps.

Tried registering again on another PC, iPad and iPhone and keep getting an error when trying to submit my details to create an account with customer service.

Having another look at the backplate and my motherboard I think I could solve the looseness issue with some thicker washers on the backplate rather then the ones that come supplied with the unit as they are allowing too much play.

I'm still going to need corsair to send me another screw and thumb screw though to replace the broken ones.

Tried registering again on another PC, iPad and iPhone and keep getting an error when trying to submit my details to create an account with customer service.

Having another look at the backplate and my motherboard I think I could solve the looseness issue with some thicker washers on the backplate rather then the ones that come supplied with the unit as they are allowing too much play.

I'm still going to need corsair to send me another screw and thumb screw though to replace the broken ones.

he signup area of support has been corrected and is up,post back if theres still an issue with signup

Archived