Corsair Community

cml16gx3m2a1600c10 in an asus z87-pro

Freedorn

Okay i have the memory but i don't want to break the seal until i know it is okay.

It is not on the qvl list but the cmz16gx3m2a1600c10 is which appears similar. I have checked every asus z87 qvl list and the cmz version appears on them all however the cml only appears on the sabertooth z87. This makes me slightly hessitant to wonder if it was tested on the board and declined?

Any help would be great great i did make a ticket but it has been 2+ days and the forums seem more active.

The board is on the configurator but since the board is new nothing is up there.

This makes me slightly hessitant to wonder if it was tested on the board and declined?

Since these boards are brand new most compatibility lists are not available and or complete yet. However most if not all the memory from the last two generations will work. With that said your fine with the kit you have. There is no difference between the CMZ and CML other than the low profile heat spreader. It's the exact same memory!

But give these boards time to get out in the world and you'll see compatibility lists change. Maybe not ASUS, but most other major manufacturers. ASUS usually only tests a handful of kits compared to what is actually available at launch. It's not so much that any certain set was declined, but more so thats it's just about impossible to test every hardware combination out there.

All memory defaults to 1333mhz when first installed to be sure the machine can boot safely. Some of the newer boards will detect the memory at 1600mhz if the CPU has native support. But thats a BIOS issue and not a memory issue.

All you should have to do is enable the XMP profile and you should be good to go.

Archived