Corsair Community

A7N8X Deluxe compatibility question

ms1pob

First of all, let me once again thank you for this forum. I had been battling my computer system’s crashes and BSOD for over a year and a half. Finally, my computer is running great due to the expertise of the RAM GUY and his staff (please read my post “possible bad memory” dated 9-18-2004). Anyway, I have one other question. I currently have my TWINX1024-2700LL XMS2700 DDR333 w/heat spreaders, installed in sockets 2 and 3 (blue sockets) of my mobo. I just happen to have another brand of 512mb DDR PC2700 333Mhz CL2.5 RAM (which I had purchased way before the Corsair). Would there be any conflict with my placing it into socket 1 on my mobo, thereby giving me 1536mb RAM? Here is my system configuration:

ASUS A7N8X Deluxe; bios rev. 1008; AMD Athlon XP 3000+ (2162 MHz)

TWINX1024-2700LL XMS2700 DDR333 w/heat spreaders

ATI AIW 9700 Pro (128MB)

BIOS settings:

CPU External Frequency: 166Mhz

CPU Frequency Multiple Setting: Auto

CPU Frequency Multiple: 13.0X

System Performance: User Defined

CPU Interface: Optimal

Memory Frequency: 100%

Resulting Frequency: 166Mhz

Memory Timing: User Defined

SDRAM Active Precharge Delay: 6

SDRAM RAS to CAS: 3

SDRAM RAS to Precharge Delay: 3

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

FSB Spread Spectrum : 0.50%

CPU Vcore Setting: Auto

CPU Vcore: 1.650V

DDR Reference Voltage: 2.7V

• Corsair Employees

Well you might be able to use it with our modules; you would just need to make sure that the other module will run at these settings. But I would suggest you just use our modules and set the timings to Cass 2-3-2-5 with the Rass to Cass set to "3" for best performance!

If you do try and use our modules with the other makers memory I would suggest ours be in slots 1-3 and use slot 2 for the other memory!

Archived