Corsair Community

Failed Login Notification on The Corsair Support Forums

I just got one today too.

Someone has tried to log into your account on The Corsair User Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 50.7.138.125

All the best,

The Corsair User Forums

I'm puzzled why they bother spamming these forums.

Dear drunkenvalley,

Someone has tried to log into your account on The Corsair User Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 171.25.193.77

All the best,

The Corsair User Forums

I got an email from the Corsair forums a few minutes ago telling me someone tried to login with my username but got the password wrong 5 times and their IP address will be blocked for 15 minutes.

Good feature but why the hell would someone try and get into my account ?

http://i.imgur.com/fd5nG9c.jpg

*EDIT*

Apparently it's a well used IP address that is only involved in spam and cons

http://www.ip-finder.me/91.219.236.218/

https://stopforumspam.com/ipcheck/91.219.236.218

me too,

Dear danspy,

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 192.42.116.16

Dear harvestthesouls,

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 109.163.234.4

All the best,

The Corsair User Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Me too,

Dear machiavelli1986,

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 37.187.129.166

All the best,

The Corsair User Forums

This IP is a TOR Exit Router. What's going on @Corsair?

This IP is a TOR Exit Router. What's going on @Corsair?

They're just bots using proxies attempting to gain access to people's accounts to spam the forum. Nothing new.

What's Corsair got to do with bots hitting the site (and failing) ?

What's Corsair got to do with bots hitting the site (and failing) ?

I think it would be wise for Corsair not to make people paranoid with automatic messages about unsuccessful log-in attempts if they are certain that their accounts are not compromised in any way, shape, or form. What's the point of sending these messages if Corsair truly believes that these bots 'fail' after filling the password field unsuccessfully with just random characters?

So what is it? Do we need to take these messages with a grain of salt because they report 'failed attempts', or do we need to change our password every time we receive this message because there really are some valid security concerns regarding our accounts? Because I don't see the point of Corsair sending these messages if they don't think it's necessary that we need to change our security settings after we receive these messages.

• Administrators
I've gotten these emails repeatedly for several days. I no longer have any corsair products and would be fine with removing my account, but I can't seem to find anything that would let me do that. Anybody know how to remove your own account?
Your account has been disabled per your request.

Archived