Corsair Community

Holding down two G-keys at the same time.

ceugene

I have several of my G-keys set to be simple key-repeat macros for MOBAs and MMOs where you spam certain abilities over and over. However I have a problem where I am unable to chord two of these G-key macros at the same time.

Basically I want to be able to hold down two G-keys, one that spams "1" and the other which spams "2" and have them both register at the same time, but that doesn't happen. If I hit G1 which is "1," them hit G2 for "2," it will output 111112222 instead of 1212121212...

Furthermore if I hold down G1, then hit G2 and then let go, it doesn't go back to spamming the G1 macro. It just stops altogether... This seems very counterintuitive to me especially since other keyboards from competing brands behave like I'd expect them to.

Use G1 to spam 1, G2 to spam 2, and G3 to spam 1212?

I'd rather keyboard/software support multiple macros being used simultaneously since there are a finite number of keys and different situations call for more different key sequences.

You cannot press two G-KEYS at once. The second press will stop the first press.

If you want the output to be 121212 put it on 1 G-KEY.

Press the MR button and press 12. Then select the fourth playback option, save it to the K90 and enable hardware playback.

You don't think this is a pretty big oversight in the design of the keyboard? Even when I'm not deliberately trying to hold down two keys at once, I reproduce this issue when lifting my finger off one g-key and then quickly pressing another one. Prretend I am performing one macro on G2 and I quickly lift and press G1... G1 ends up doing nothing even though I did lift my finger. I end up having to lift my finger an additional time, pausing for a split second, then pressing G1 again.

Or in another example, I want to spam a macro on G2 for a prolonged amount of time, but I also want to hit G1 intermittently. On a competitor's keyboard I can hold down G2 and then jab G1 once and it will continue playing the G2 macro. On the K90 I would have to lift my finger off G2 after hitting G1 and then press G2 again.

• Corsair Employees
This is a limitation of hardware mode for the keyboard. If you don't enable hardware playback, you can do what you're describing. However, some games block the software and that can't be helped as hardware playback is a workaround but not without it's cons.

Archived