Corsair Community

Force GT 240 Gig Firmware Version 5.05 availability???

TommyGee

I just received two refurbished red Force GT 240 Gig SSDs from Corsair to replace two that failed in a very short time.

I checked the firmware version on these and it is Version 5.05 with a signature 142.142.22956.

Is FW 5.05 available on the forum any where.

I have a lot of these drives in use and would like to update all of them before they fail as well.

Thanks

Failure rates shouldn't be excessive with the available firmware 5.03.

In fact, in my experience, and from the general lack of "my drive is dead" threads, drive failure has been pretty low with the entire 5.0X firmware series on the sandforce based drives.

Edit: you were probably unlucky with your previous GTs

Also, corsair will likely release a firmware update soon, after they qualify it for deployment in the field.

A firmware that has been validated for placement on drives being shipped from the factory is quite a bit different to one that has been validated for field updates. It takes a fair bit longer to test it to the stage where it is safe enough to deploy to end users.

Also, corsair will likely release a firmware update soon, after they qualify it for deployment in the field.

A firmware that has been validated for placement on drives being shipped from the factory is quite a bit different to one that has been validated for field updates. It takes a fair bit longer to test it to the stage where it is safe enough to deploy to end users.

WELL SAID! ::pirate::

We test EVERY capacity of drive to make sure that both the update process and the firmware itself does not create bricks. We should have something "soon" is all I can say.

Archived