Corsair Community

EG Antifreeze and the HC

adslegend

I have looked everywhere for PG antifreeze but to no avail. I have some pure Comma EG antifreeze. If I can use this, what proportion do I mix it with the distilled water?

Please bear in mind that my main priority is to get rid of the noise from the pump, I don't mind adding a few extra C onto CPU temp to do this.

hey bud, any ole antifreeze does the trick.....hell is cools a V-8 engine, it will cool a little crappy cpu. i mix mine at 50/50%. im more concerned about corrosion than anything. peeps just got to remember one thing.......your just coolin a cpu.....relax.....chill.....peace, the monk out. :laughing:

it will cool a little crappy cpu. i mix mine at 50/50%. im more concerned about corrosion than anything. peeps just got to remember one thing.......your just coolin a cpu.....relax.....chill.....peace, the monk out. :laughing:

correct monkey

but the mixture ingrediance does matter, if contains any acids to maintain rust scales in V8 metal block it will hurt aluminum rad) so the 50\50 mix will dilute the acidity more an less active, 33% is more for lube for pump innards

main priority is to get rid of the noise from the pump

so i gather you still got noise after changing(flow) hoses around for a week.

adslegend

best thing to do is contact comma tech and ask what ingrediance in coldstream concentrate is it a PG or EG, or for alumumim an copper system what will work best for those metals.

Yes it didn't help but it's not too much of a problem because I'm replacing the block with a Koolance block for A64.

I might just try somewhere between 33/66 to 40/60 using this EG I got and see what happens.

One more thing, is it easy to remove the temp wire from the original block and add it to the new one?

hey wired, i started this topic, id say like 4 yrs ago, lols. any antifreeze will work, the issue with usine auto antifreeze was peeps were afraid of kids and pets messin with the hoses and chit. it has the same coolin and lube qualitys as the "SAFE" kind. if ya talkin about political correct, and all the other bull, well.....i dont have pets, or children. btw the recomended mix ratio is 1/3rd antifreeze and 2/3rd's distilled water. but i mix mine at 50/50%. photo of the monk machine......

http://www.water-cooling.com/gallery2/MOnk/images/IMG_3050.jpg

Archived