Corsair Community

Voyager Survivor Stealth works only on USB 3

HiTekJeff

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows why my Corsair Stealth Survivor 64GB USB 3.0 works only with USB 3.0 ports and NOT USB 2.0? The flash drive works just fine with no issues at all on any USB 3.0 ports, but I can not get it to show up or be detected at all with any USB 2.0 ports. It said it should work on both types of USB connections, but I have found only USB 3.0 to work.

Please let me know if defective or this is how it should work?

Jeff

Yes, I have the latest BIOS and chipset drivers.

Asus Z9PE-D8-WS

2 X Intel Xeon 2687w CPUs

Windows 8 Pro 64bit

But, it's NOT just this one computer either. I can try it on another with Windows 7 64bit and one with Linux with same results on all 3 computers. The USB 2.0 connections do not detect the flash drive on any of them. Plug it into any USB 3.0 connections and it works perfect.

It simply seems like this device is not USB 2.0 capable despite claims by Corsair. If it was defective, it wouldn't work at all.

Please let me know if defective or this is how it should work?

Jeff

Most likely, you simply have a defective drive. Please set up an RMA using the link on the left side of this page. Once you have an RMA number, please post your RMA number here or PM it to me. We want to recover it and take a look at your drive and we'll replace it for you. Sorry you had this issue.

Archived