Corsair Community

Vengeance 2000 Plastic cracked

Mike_D

Just like the other threads that I've seen my V2000's cracked right above the right ear cup. Hoping RMA will be a painless process since this is the first in many Corsair products I've had to RMA. Kinda bummed they are broke and I'll be without a headset until this gets fixed :[pouts:

I just called instead to get the advance RMA taken care of and get the RMA number in 1 shot, thanks for the help though!

EDIT:

Received the "express" RMA approval from customer service. I'm not impressed at all to be honest. $160 hold on my card for a $120 headset is a bit ridiculous and then combined with the fact that it isn't even being shipped something remotely quick such as 3 day but rather UPS ground. So I'll MAYBE receive the replacement by next Tuesday, then need to pay return shipping to send back a product with an obvious manufacturer defect. I'm sure I'll end up getting the shipping cost back, and I know the hold will be returned, but that isn't the point. The point is until the broken headset is received and my card is credited I'll basically be out $200, for almost 2 weeks.

I've been a fan of Corsair products for years, even when others were telling me to go with other manufacturers because I liked your products and your perceived customer service but I'll have to think very hard before I make another Corsair purchase. Your service rep/tech support rep I spoke with were very nice but the actual company guidelines themselves are a bit iffy.

Currently with this computer alone I have the following Corsair products:

Corsair 600T Special Edition White

Corsair H60 (cooling an 8350)

Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB x2

Corsair Vengeance 1600RAM - 16GB

Corsair CX750 PSU

Corsair SP120 Fans x3 (2 on H60 for push/pull and 1 for my Acelero Hybrid Cooled 6970)

Corsair AP120 Fans x2

Then the aforementioned V2000's.

I play competitive FPS games and was considering replacing my Razer Keyboard/Mouse with a K70, M60 mouse, and the dual surface mouse pad but I think I need to consider some other options now.

Archived