Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance 2000 Audio Drop-Outs

Coppar

Hey! Coppar here

I have a Corsair Vengeance 2K Gaming headset. I've had it for about 5-6 months now and I have been enjoying the headset alot. I like the sound quality on this headset, the bass the clearness of the sound, Everything works fine on the sounds.

Before i had Microsoft sound "Driver" but recently I downloaded Corsair Vengeance 2K v2.0.7.

But I've recently experienced Audio Drop-Outs. That means like whenever I play games or listen to music (playing up sounds) every 30-50 seconds I hear audio "clicks/Drop-outs".

I have dropped it once from like 1.5 meter distance to the wooden floor at my home :(, But gladly no physical damage on the external earcups and so on.

I got so annoyed and concerned about this and I started to search for some problems.

Downloaded DPS latency checker. Tried it out and it said to disable some USB devices that could case interference with my headset, but no solved problems (this was when I had the actual MS audio "driver"). I also tried DPS latency checker with the new Corsair Vengeance 2K v2.0.7 driver. The audio drop-outs seems to be gone but I still get up to 8000 Microseconds (8000 μs). My absolute maximum so far is 96114μs.

Lastly I would want to say that i have wireless Network, NetGear Router WNDR3700 v3 like 50cm away from me and a Laptop nearby too so.

Appriciate any help out there thanks ;)

Next time I would go for 3.5 Audio jack gaming headset instead to just avoid these USB audio drop-out problem :/.

/Coppar

2081946387_dpslatencydevicemanager.thumb.png.60a245ef3ec27e58075a621ea5da71af.png

Uninstall the Corsair drivers, does it still drop out/click?

Latest chipset drivers and BIOS?

Hi!

I forgot to mention that i have a second rig that I use my Corsair Vengeance 2K.

Specs:

Asus P8Z68 V-LX, BIOS 4001.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8Z68V_LX/#support_Download_30

GTX 570, latest driver

i5-2500K @ stock

OCZ Agility 3 120gb, stable firmware v2.15.

About the corsair drivers, It seems like the drop/out is gone with the latest version v2.0.7 for me. Sorry for my bad english but I mean that I had problems with the audio not having the corsair drivers. I had the standard Microsoft Equalizer sound driver along with Realtek HD sound and along with nVidia which I have turned off, lol.

v2.0.7 has improved so much. I still have red bars about 4K micro seconds in a 20-40 second range.

Chipset I think is old

Driver Date: 9/10/2010

Driver Version: 9.2.0.1011

Intel® 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family 6 Port SATA AHCI Controller 1C02

So everything is working fine?

Hey!

Have been away for quite a long time.

Sorry that I lied, It still persists. The audio drop-outs still happens and when i check it with the DPC latency checker it goes up to 30-90K :( It is so annoying.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: OH MY FRICKIN' GOD. I FINALLY FOUND THE CULPRIT!!!! MALWAREBYTES, YOU!!... YOU ANNOYED ME FOR 2-3 MONTHS, GG going to remove this program from the control panel.

EDIT NR 2: After removing my absolute maximum was 96 micro seconds :)

The Issue isn't the Driver or headset, I just fixed this myself other week its the RAID setup.

You have Intel Smart Response installed? if so try and install the latest driver from Intel - didn't work for me.

In the end I stopped using the RAID HDD+SSD and now just installed Windows onto the SSD.

Is it possible you could try without the RAID? or try the headset on another PC.

edit

Just seen you fixed this mine wasnt that simple :D

The Issue isn't the Driver or headset, I just fixed this myself out week its the RAID setup.

You have Intel Smart Response installed? if so try and install the latest driver from Intel - didn't work for me.

In the end I stopped using the RAID HDD+SSD and now just installed Windows onto the SSD.

Is it possible you could try without the RAID? or try the headset on another PC.

edit

Just seen you fixed this mine wasnt that simple :D

Haha you damn right it wasnt easy ;). Lucky for me that I solved it by uninstalling the software on my computer ;). Havent had any single problem with my newest computer though, no audio drop-outs or problem from RAID.

Thanks for sharing the solution.

I saw on other forums and threads for solutions and in my case I had to remove the Malwarebyte software or (the microsoft anti malware that could cause audio drop-outs) if I had it installed on my computer.

Archived