Corsair Community

Can VS3200 (400 Mhz) run at 266 Mhz?

darleysam

if anyone can help..

i've bought a pair of ValueSelect 3200 512mb modules, and i plan to install them into an Abit NF7 v.2 nForce motherboard. Problem is, i want to use my (slightly older) Athlon XP 2000, with a FSB speed of 266mhz. Anyone know if the memory will work at the lower speed, or if it's gonna cause problems.

Any advice would be great, thanks

ps. i'm new to the forum, so i'm sorry if there are any faux pas in this post.

edit: to whoever moved this to its own thread, thanks:) i wasn't sure if it warranted it

• Corsair Employees
Yes they will run great with that CPU! Just set the memory Frequency at 100% or no faster than DDR333 and let the bios set the timings, and set your Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts. If you have problems, I would set the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 as well!

• Corsair Employees
If you need help with a given MB I would ask the MB maker to help you with their bios settings and or in this case you might check over at ABIT's user forum. Other wise please follow the link in my signature and look up the module part# you have as they are all listed by part# along with the bios settings. The only difference would be what I posted previously!

Archived