Corsair Community

CMZ16GX3M4X1600C9 w/ GA-Z77X-D3H - errors

heavyb

I built a system last spring based on a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H motherboard with an i7 3700K cpu paired with CMZ16GX3M4X1600C9 memory.

The Gigabyte compatible memory list for this mb includes CMZ16GX3M4X1600C9.

In the last week or so the system has started to become unstable, but not unusably so - yet. I finally ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic (haven't run memtest) and it is reporting errors.

Two questions:

First, the RMA tool does not list these modules in their compatibility chart for this motherboard. Did I purchase in error? Or, unwisely?

Secondly, is there a drop-ship RMA option? I have no problem securing such against my CC. I'd rather not be without my primary machine even with its current instability, but if that's the only option I'll of course send the memory in.

Thanks,

I built a system last spring based on a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H motherboard with an i7 3700K cpu paired with CMZ16GX3M4X1600C9 memory.

The Gigabyte compatible memory list for this mb includes CMZ16GX3M4X1600C9.

In the last week or so the system has started to become unstable, but not unusably so - yet. I finally ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic (haven't run memtest) and it is reporting errors.

Two questions:

First, the RMA tool does not list these modules in their compatibility chart for this motherboard. Did I purchase in error? Or, unwisely?

Secondly, is there a drop-ship RMA option? I have no problem securing such against my CC. I'd rather not be without my primary machine even with its current instability, but if that's the only option I'll of course send the memory in.

Thanks,

Did you updat emotherboard bios, as it improve compatibility and stability of system?

No, the Vengeance series is compatible with all of the latest Intel CPU's. X58 chipset and above!

Yes, but you will need to contact CS by phone to have that arranged.

However I would test each stick individually with memtest in the first slot. This way you can point out a bad or failing module pretty quick. Windows memory diagnostic is somewhat unreliable and can produce false positives ..

Archived