Corsair Community

M60 Acting Very Funny

UnbendingNose

I bought my M60 about two months ago. To install it I plugged it in and downloaded the configuration software from Corsair's website to change the DPI settings. I then updated the firmware on the mouse. Every thing has been working fine up until this week when all a sudden the mouse stopped working. I googled to see what this issue might be and people had suggested deleting the drivers and other software to start fresh as well as flashing the firmware. I tried both my my mouse would not track. I later found out that my clicks would work, so I thought the laser might be dead. I began the RMA process.

A few minutes ago I plugged my mouse back in to see if maybe it magically fixed itself. While I was plugging it in it was sitting on the top of my PC case. I noticed the cursor was working!!! :D I picked the mouse up and put on my mouse pad (Steel Series Qck) nothing...... the cursor would not move and the joy that was in me quickly faded. WTF?

I moved my mouse off my pad onto a nearby Mass Effect novel. The mouse tracked??? :O So I then went into the configuration software and played with settings to see what might be the issue, thinking about light-height. I changed the lift height from the default medium to high and my mouse now works just fine on my steel series pad :) What the heck? How come now all of sudden I have to have a high lift detection setting for my M60 to work on a black surface? I'm so bewildered at this haha. Any ideas?

Never mind, its not working correctly. I have to constantly change the lift height now every time I start up my PC. Really annoying, anyone know anything I can do? Is it time to just RMA and buy a non-Corsair brand mouse?

the Mionix Naos 3200 is looking really good right about now. Its a shame because I really liked the M60 until now :/

Archived