Corsair Community

Mounting issues with Link

Darkwing

Ok, it seems this is getting worse by the week. I started of with the H100i on FW 1.04. Besides a high pitched noise, it all worked fine. Fans and cooler were detected by software version 2.2.0. even though this software didn't really work under Win8, the problems were not that big.

2 weeks later I received the new PWM fans, so replaced the standard ones, and updated the FW of H100i to 1.05. High pitched noise was gone, so I was only left with the buggy software. GREAT!! :D:

1 week later I decided to install the Link Commander cooling & lighting kit. At the time of installing it, SW version 2.3.4816 got released, excellent I thought as it would resolve the issue with Win8.

So after installing the kit I installed the new software, but noticed that the H100i and the PWM fans did not show in the device list. So now I had working software, but no control over my cooling fans. :confused: I also started to get warnings from AI-suite II about temps and voltage, so I un-installed AI-suite.

Since yesterday however, I all of a sudden noticed my pc had restarted and some USB device was not recognised. Checking the dashboard I now can no longer see the cooling node and the lighting node. So I now can not see the H100i, PWM fans, lighting node and cooling node. I can see a yellow triangle in device manager under "other devices". :mad:

Why would the commander all of a sudden stop seeing the two nodes? Commander has latest FW 2.0.6. Getting a bit tired of it all. :roll:

If the H100i is plugged into the Commander unit, it will not detect it as its a known issue for FW1.05.

Right click the unknown device and see what the error message is.

are you saying if the h100i is plugged into the original link ,then the h100i,cooling and light node wont be detected?

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

I know about the Commander not seeing the H100i because of FW 1.05, but the Commander is not seeing the cooling node and lighting node now either.

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

I know about the Commander not seeing the H100i because of FW 1.05, but the Commander is not seeing the cooling node and lighting node now either.

unless im missing something[i do that alot:D:],i have the h100i and light node showing and working in link with fw 105

cooling isnt showing as i dont have a node to install

h100I.thumb.png.0a409d9e3dc808700e3b0a7d4762905d.png

Ok, it seems this is getting worse by the week. I started of with the H100i on FW 1.04. Besides a high pitched noise, it all worked fine. Fans and cooler were detected by software version 2.2.0. even though this software didn't really work under Win8, the problems were not that big.

2 weeks later I received the new PWM fans, so replaced the standard ones, and updated the FW of H100i to 1.05. High pitched noise was gone, so I was only left with the buggy software. GREAT!! :D:

1 week later I decided to install the Link Commander cooling & lighting kit. At the time of installing it, SW version 2.3.4816 got released, excellent I thought as it would resolve the issue with Win8.

So after installing the kit I installed the new software, but noticed that the H100i and the PWM fans did not show in the device list. So now I had working software, but no control over my cooling fans. :confused: I also started to get warnings from AI-suite II about temps and voltage, so I un-installed AI-suite.

Since yesterday however, I all of a sudden noticed my pc had restarted and some USB device was not recognised. Checking the dashboard I now can no longer see the cooling node and the lighting node. So I now can not see the H100i, PWM fans, lighting node and cooling node. I can see a yellow triangle in device manager under "other devices". :mad:

Why would the commander all of a sudden stop seeing the two nodes? Commander has latest FW 2.0.6. Getting a bit tired of it all. :roll:

I had a similar problem a while back where mine just randomly stopped seeing all my devices plugged in. I ended up having to get an RMA and everything is working "better". I have the AI suite problem as do many others. I don't wan to say that's the only problem at this time but fingers crossed.

unless im missing something[i do that alot:D:],i have the h100i and light node showing and working in link with fw 105

cooling isnt showing as i dont have a node to install

It might be just Win8 issue again then......my cooling and light node run the original FW, and I am not sure how to update them now without being able to see them. :roll:

Ok, I just un-installed Link software and deleted profiles. Shut off pc, and disconnected the USB cable from Commander. Restarted my pc and let it run for a minute. (had to ignore cpu fan error etc as H100i was not running ofc). Then shut off pc again and reconnected the USB cable. Start pc, install software again, and now the Commander does see the cooling and light node again. But still not the H100i. :confused:

Ok, I just un-installed Link software and deleted profiles. Shut off pc, and disconnected the USB cable from Commander. Restarted my pc and let it run for a minute. (had to ignore cpu fan error etc as H100i was not running ofc). Then shut off pc again and reconnected the USB cable. Start pc, install software again, and now the Commander does see the cooling and light node again. But still not the H100i. :confused:

are you using v105?

• Corsair Employee

How are you connecting the Cooler to the Link Commander?

And when you connect it to the commander you need to disconnect the Mini USB cable that you have connected to the Link module that is connected when the unit is used stand alone. If the Mini USBCable is connected to the Pump side it will turn off the I2 C connector that you have to use to connect to the Corsair Link Commander.

How are you connecting the Cooler to the Link Commander?

And when you connect it to the commander you need to disconnect the Mini USB cable that you have connected to the Link module that is connected when the unit is used stand alone. If the Mini USBCable is connected to the Pump side it will turn off the I2 C connector that you have to use to connect to the Corsair Link Commander.

Well, the cooler was only connected to the commander by the digital link cable, and of course the sata was connected. Fans are connected via the y-split cable to cooler. In this scenario the software does not detect the cooler and fans so can't control them. When choosing to flash firmware the cooler DOES show in the drop down list, but of course can't update as is not connected.

The only way it will detect them, is by connecting the USB cable from the cooler. At the moment I have the cooler AND the commander connected to USB and it works fine. :confused:

Would it help if I post some pictures showing how it is connected, and of the dashboard so you have an idea what I see and am talking about? ;):

• 2 weeks later...
I never could get the software to see the cooler with the system link cable on the current firmware. I had to connect the commander and cooler both to USB to get it to work. I think I also had to reinstall the software plus delete the corsair folder under program files, but I've done that so many times I don't remember now.:D:

same for me, I have both connected to USB now, and that works. I'll leave it like this till I am in need of an upgrade and then look somewhere else. Conclusion I find is, Corsair hardware that doesn't require software or USB connection (memory, SSD etc) works great. Other hardware that does (H100i, Commander etc) doesn't work so great.

Edit: the H100i cooler on itself does cool great, it is just the software etc around it that sucks. Had to mention this as it made it look like the H100i itself was bad.

• Corsair Employee
I would try and connect it to another port ion the commander but when you shut down the system unplug the commander when you change it over for about 10 Min then plug it back in and turn the system back on but let it run for 5 min before you open C-Link software.

Archived