Corsair Community

Combining Corsair Memory Kits

Jericho2013

I bought the 32 gb Dominator Platinum kit at 1866 mhz 9-10-9-27 and 1.5 volts. A little bit later I bought the same exact kit, same model # and added it to my system. It all runs perfect together on my Rampage 4 extreme with many successful passes of memtest. I have read on another forum that it doesn't matter if it's the same kit I shouldn't have bought two and should have just bought one kit with 64 gb and that I just got lucky. That doesn't make sense to me. The memory all runs perfect. Is there a problem with buying two of the same kits or should I have bought one?

you got lucky, its that simple.

in my sig are 2 linked documents that explain why mixing kits is not ideal.

in these forums there are hundreds upon hundreds of people that mixed kits even the same part# and they cannot get it to boot.

it does have a lot to do with the memory controller in the CPU though, if it sees slight differences in the ram kits it can and will go bonkers and malfunction. this is why ram is tested as a single kit and packaged that way.

but seriously you are really lucky.

you got lucky, its that simple.

in my sig are 2 linked documents that explain why mixing kits is not ideal.

in these forums there are hundreds upon hundreds of people that mixed kits even the same part# and they cannot get it to boot.

it does have a lot to do with the memory controller in the CPU though, if it sees slight differences in the ram kits it can and will go bonkers and malfunction. this is why ram is tested as a single kit and packaged that way.

but seriously you are really lucky.

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad it's working good for me. If I have problems I can always put the other kit in my other computer but right now it runs great along with my overclocks.

Archived