Corsair Community

Corsair Link Software Update Version 2.3.4816

RAM GUY

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it would appear that custom fan profiles are no longer working (AGAIN). You can set them, but they refuse to respond to temp changes.

The preset fan profiles (performance, balanced, quiet) still appear to work, but they are useless for me to get the speeds I need for proper cooling and the sound level I prefer which is why I bought this system in the first place.

And my LEDs aren't responding to any temp changes at all.

I've tried all the usual tricks to swap the items in and out of groups, which sometimes wakes them up and gets them to respond again.

I'm still on Win 7x64, so the Win8 excuses has no validity here.

I'm starting to become thoroughly disappointed in Corsair. I'm sorry, but the process by which you guys must Q&A your software is a joke. Does someone even attempt to test the releases before you dump them to the public? After a 4 month gap in releases I expected more... significantly more in this new version.

The previous version was working, for the most part, but if I wanted the fans to respond I had to restart the PC every day in order to kick the sierra processes in the butt, restarting them did nothing to resolve the issue.

So when can we actually expect a release that is really stable and works. Stop working on pretty... I couldn't care less about being able to resize fonts and graphics. What I'd like is a working version that actually handles all the primary functions of this rather pricey system I've put together with multiple components that were suppose to allow me more control and make my system smarter and quieter at the same time.

Once you guys actually nail the primary functionality down, then you can tinker with the interface. Until then, please focus on the important things first.

using cpu temp will simply ramp up the fans but using the hydro will ramp up the fans when actually needed and is also accurate with temp

using the cpu the fans ramp up instantly but the water temp hasnt actually increased.

your goal is to cool the water when needed

perhaps a better example is to suppose your computer and hydro gets hot when idling?

whats going to ramp up the fans?

the cpu is idling so theres no trigger for fan increase

see what i mean?

using cpu temp will simply ramp up the fans but using the hydro will ramp up the fans when actually needed and is also accurate with temp

using the cpu the fans ramp up instantly but the water temp hasnt actually increased.

your goal is to cool the water when needed

perhaps a better example is to suppose your computer and hydro gets hot when idling?

whats going to ramp up the fans?

the cpu is idling so theres no trigger for fan increase

see what i mean?

Well if the system didn't have heuristics built in to delay the ramp up of the fans that would have some merit, but it already accounts for that by using a moving average of the temp to determine when to raise the fan speed after the temp has shown a real rise, not just a hiccup in temp from a quick use.

No fan speed changes are instant, at least on my system they aren't. When I would run a CPU burn test it could take up to 15-20 seconds for the fans to come up to full speed from idle, but in a scenario like that the CPU temp goes almost immediately to 60-70C, while the hydro temp take a lot longer to catch up as the radiator heat soaks.

Not sure why you would want to wait until the radiator is heat soaked and suffering with the CPU cooking before you would want to ramp up the fans in response to begin the cooling process. If your CPU is going to 70C, you're going to need to run the fans. If it's a 5 second blip to 70C I agree you don't need the fan speed change, but the software already accounts for that.

This entire scenario is moot right now though because the software isn't responding when I'm using custom fan profiles. The choice and methodology of cooling isn't what I have a question about here... it's the fact that the predefined profiles work, but the custom ones are not causing any change in the fans at all.

So the question again... is why isn't the temp causing change when using the custom fan profile? The same custom profile that was working perfectly in 2.2.

One thing I've noticed with v2.3.x is that the hydro fans ramp up when I cause a big load on the CPU or change the target points in a custom profile but the case fans use an iterative method to reach the target RPM and in this version it takes a looooong time. The crosshairs are moving but, like Weeping Angels, they only move when you aren't looking at them.

i dont know why yours arent working,maybe there were files left over from prior installs,maybe a installed monitoring program ,i have it on both my builds without curve problems tho.

what version is the cooling node on?

as far as the unit being ''heatsoaked'',that can easily be maintained without having your fans go full blast right off the bat.

i dont know why yours arent working,maybe there were files left over from prior installs,maybe a installed monitoring program ,i have it on both my builds without curve problems tho.

what version is the cooling node on?

as far as the unit being ''heatsoaked'',that can easily be maintained without having your fans go full blast right off the bat.

if you use the cpu and you left your computer on and unattended and for some reason it heated up be it from the video,hard drives or what ever,,

how would your computer cool itself down?

using the cpu as a trigger defeats the cooling purpose of everything and its just like having no cooling protection at all.the cpu load isnt going to increase if it or any other component simply gets hot .

As I said when you first asked, I'm using CPU Temp... not load. Load would be silly.

And because the radiator has an inverse impact on the CPU, if your entire case heats up due to whatever reason, the radiator is going to as well, which would raise the CPU temp in turn.

Maybe I'm completely off base, but I would have to guess that 99% of the people here use CPU temp, not the temp off the Hydro to determine fan speed.

I did use Revo to remove the software, so it cleaned out the registry entries, win/sys files and included dumping the files in appdata and program files.

I'll will have to check the cooling node version, but if there was not an update recently it's the latest version.

What I did notice is that my set points on the fans were saved across the uninstall/reinstall. Meaning my temp/rpm points on each of the fans was kept even though I had to redo the entire layout and config otherwise. I'm thinking maybe I will ping each of the settings to make sure they are getting written properly and refreshed in the system. Perhaps the commander needs a boot to the head to wake up.

@endiZ

There are no FW updates for any AXi Series PSU. The H100i should also be on FW 1.05 (You can check using the LINK software). If it's not on FW 1.05 and you are not experiencing any problems with it. You don't need to update the FW.

Just updated and now only my Admin accounts can use the software. None of my users can and yes I run the software as admin on my users accounts. I can see the process in task manager though. I am only using this with the dongle for my AX1200i psu. I have a H100 as well but no Commander hardware.

I have tried starting it with Antivirus and firewall disabled to take them out of the mix. Still does not run.

I updated corsair link from 2.2 to 2.3.4816. I initially updated with out uninstalling 2.2 which caused a CPU fan error and none of the fans worked. I connected the fans directly to the motherboard, booted the machine, then uninstalled everything and re-installed.

Now the only issue I am having is the link software is not detecting the fans that are directly plugged into the H80 pump. The fans run at full speed and I have no way to change them. I re-flashed the firmware for the link commander and the cooling node and still nothing. I then proceeded to reconnect all the wires and I still have nothing. I swapped out the cable going from the pump to the commander module and still nothing. At this point the only thing I can think of is to plug the fans directly into the cooling node but would prefer to keep it plugged into the pump.

Windows 7 SP1 64-bit

Intel i7-2600K

Corsair Commander - 2.0.6

Lighting Node - 1.1.9

Corsair H80 - 1.1.12

Cooling Node - 1.2.5

lucky i found this forum, the instructions for the h80i

only got 4 washers, but ended up not using them

had to use other parts of the forum to find the fan direction

installed the link, dropped the fan speed from 2k rpm to about 1500, need to log and play with it more to get a low fan speed and the temps ok

@nickeR

Read this

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=113619

@dubbious_rascal

Have you tried resetting the software to defaults?

Have you tried deleting your profiles folder, sierra2_ui.cfg and tempmap.dat from %appdata%\Corsair

I have deleted the entire appdata folder for corsair already. Now when I booted up the computer today it stopped detecting the H80 pump and have to use the manual selector on the pump itself. How do I reset the software to defaults?

I reset to default and then rebooted the computer and still getting no reading from the pump. Randomly the pump will register but the next reboot it won't. I forgot to mention in my original post that when the pump is not sending its speed I get a CPU fan error during POST. The pump is working and all the temps are normal, it just flashes.

The only I could think of was to flash the firmware for the pump but I can't find the firmware for it and the 80 (not 80i) is not on the site anymore.

2.3.4816 doesn't recognize my h100i anymore. It was working fairly well, then it started losing connection to the device (windows usb connection sound would go off and on, and fan speeds would hit max then go back to normal once reconnected), but now there's no recognition at all. I didnt change anything and it just stopped recognizing one day. Is there anything I can try?

Archived