Corsair Community

Ram Compatibility Issue?

SissyBoy

Hello,

I built a new computer and kept getting BSODs. After some fiddling around, narrowed it down to the memory sticks failing Memtest.

One RMA request later, I got a new ram kit replacement. First thing I do is run Memtest: Bam, brand new sticks also start throwing errors.

Are the MoBo and ram not compatible?

I borrowed ram from another computer to use while I waited for that RMA, and got no BSOD;Ran Memtest and no errors either, so it cant be a faulty moBo, right?:confused:

Help?

PS: Specs on my profile are for the PC which is giving me trouble.

Hello,

I built a new computer and kept getting BSODs. After some fiddling around, narrowed it down to the memory sticks failing Memtest.

One RMA request later, I got a new ram kit replacement. First thing I do is run Memtest: Bam, brand new sticks also start throwing errors.

Are the MoBo and ram not compatible?

I borrowed ram from another computer to use while I waited for that RMA, and got no BSOD;Ran Memtest and no errors either, so it cant be a faulty moBo, right?:confused:

Help?

PS: Specs on my profile are for the PC which is giving me trouble.

Hi SissyBoy

Did you update motherboard bios?

As it improve compatibility and stability ove system and Modify memory compatibility.

http://www.gigabyte.fr/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3880#bios

Did you set memory speed, voltage and latancy manualy?

http://www.corsair.com/memory/intel-memory-upgrades/quad-channel-intel-memory-upgrade-kits/vengeance-32gb-quad-channel-ddr3-memory-kit-cmz32gx3m4x1866c10r.html

Maybe you have to do some twick on voltage because u or using 4 memory modual. you could try to rase memory voltage to 1.55v.

Hope this help

Sincerly yours

The memory is compatible, however you may be running up against AMD memory controller limitations if you are trying to run them at 1866MHZ with all four sticks.

Try setting them to 1600mhz and see if it is any better and you mayeven be limited to 1333mhz. Even though your CPU is supposed to be able to run 1866mhz out of the box there are some limitations to that.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=110429

If all four sticks still fail memtest at 1333mhz then you need to have that MB replaced.

Bios is up to date, Timings are automatically set and match the manufacturer SPD, same with the voltage and clock speed (1333).

But still, why would Corsair stick fail memtest, while the other brand do just fine on the same board?

But still, why would Corsair stick fail memtest, while the other brand do just fine on the same board?

What are the specs on the other sticks including volatge requirements?

Have you tried adding slightly more voltage to both the memory and the NB with the Corsair sticks? Try 1.65v on the DIMM voltage and .2 to the CPU/NB(memory controller) voltage.

What are the specs on the other sticks including volatge requirements?

Have you tried adding slightly more voltage to both the memory and the NB with the Corsair sticks? Try 1.65v on the DIMM voltage and .2 to the CPU/NB(memory controller) voltage.

Patriot p34g189ub

Bios is up to date, Timings are automatically set and match the manufacturer SPD, same with the voltage and clock speed (1333).

While the other brand p34g189ub do just fine Patriot.

p34g189ub is a single modual memory, hwo many ove those u use wend you said that p34g189ub is find? Did you trid to run a single memory modual from cmz32gx3m4x1866c10r kit? Triy all ove them in single mode to find if one of modual is defect.

If you run 1 or 2 p34g189ub modual and 4 of cmz32gx3m4x1866c10r, it could have reach the maximum spped the your CPU could andleand it can give some issue.

You sure that MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.) ajuste latency of memory and not just the speed to 1866MHz? Because cmz32gx3m4x1866c10r will only run stable at 10-11-10-30

While the other brand p34g189ub do just fine Patriot.

p34g189ub is a single modual memory, hwo many ove those u use wend you said that p34g189ub is find? Did you trid to run a single memory modual from cmz32gx3m4x1866c10r kit? Triy all ove them in single mode to find if one of modual is defect.

If you run 1 or 2 p34g189ub modual and 4 of cmz32gx3m4x1866c10r, it could have reach the maximum spped the your CPU could andleand it can give some issue.

MoBo adjusts latency, and I also tried manual, just in case.

I ran Memtest using one p34g189ub, no errors.

When I tested cmz32gx3m4x1866c10r, I did it with all 4, then 2 at a time, then 1 at a time, and they all gave errors.

Because cmz32gx3m4x1866c10r will only run stable at 10-11-10-30

Tried this and gave me insta-bluescreen

Archived