Corsair Community

k90 Shift problem

hopper480

I purchased the K90 a couple of months ago and it has been a wonderful product. Unfortunately after a recent firmware update I am having problems with the shift keys. For some reason only when logging into websites the shift does not produce capitals or symbols in the text boxes.

I have tried re-installing the firmware, drivers, unplugging the usb to different ports and whispering sweet nothings to it. None of my trouble shooting has been successful.

Once again it only happens on login boxes. I am having to type my password on notepad and mouse paste for it to work.

Please help.

• 1 month later...
i'm having a similar problem. my shift and control keys aren't working. it's intermittent. this is after upgrading to the 1.31 firmware. What's odd (like I said, it's intermittent) is that windows recognizes the key presses, ie. if I press the shift key 5 times the sticky key dialog come up, but if I try to type anywhere (firefox, notepad, naming a new folder), it's like I'm not pressing the shift or control key at all. When it happens, it's on both the left and right shift and control keys.

I have the same problem after I applied the firmware update.

You have to open up the Corsair Vengeance configuration software and leave it open for key combos and key repeat to work.

Kind of a weird bug. I'm wondering if reinstalling the software would fix it but I haven't tried it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived