Corsair Community

H80i, FW 1.0.5 and Noctua PWM Fans

pHoenix4

Hello!

I own an H80i sice december and everything works well. Updated firmware to version 1.0.4 and the noise of the fans was gone.

In my opinion, the stock fans are a little bit loud at 1500 rpm and even more at 2600.

So I bought 2 Noctua NF-F12 PWM fans and set them up in push/pull.

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&setlng=en&products_id=42

They have a good static presssure and are very silent at 1500 rpm.

I connected them directly to my mobo.

So my question is, with the new 1.0.5 firmware, can I connect them back to the H80i and control them via corsair link?

Thanks!

Hello!

I own an H80i sice december and everything works well. Updated firmware to version 1.0.4 and the noise of the fans was gone.

In my opinion, the stock fans are a little bit loud at 1500 rpm and even more at 2600.

So I bought 2 Noctua NF-F12 PWM fans and set them up in push/pull.

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&setlng=en&products_id=42

They have a good static presssure and are very silent at 1500 rpm.

I connected them directly to my mobo.

So my question is, with the new 1.0.5 firmware, can I connect them back to the H80i and control them via corsair link?

Thanks!

They work on the H100i (I am using them) so I would expect them to work on the H80i.

Thanks for your answer curlysir.

So you connected them to the H100i and you can control them via corsair link?

Yes, I have full control. Not all PWM fans will work. I have some other PWM fans that will not work but the Noctua PWM do.

Great to hear that nf-f12 works fine :) thanks for info curlysir

ave you notice any changes in cooling performance? a bit higher temps or same or...?

I ordered bunch of noctuas for me as well expecting them next week.

I'm also considering replacing all 800d case fans with noctuas as well.

• 6 months later...

Thanks for the info after much debate weather I should purchase Noctua N-F12; I finally got them and a deal Newegg couldn't deny with the iron shield guarantee. i got them for 12 bucks each and i thought at was a serious bargain.

So for a fan that I think looks like the ugly stick got the best of I must say these fans come very professionaly packaged and actually look amazing in in my hands. Getting a little dark here and a little tired so when I mod my case Panel tomorrow I will install the NF-12s to the corsair link. Thanks for the verification that they do work connected to corsair link

Well can't wait to get these jet engines off my h100i and get the NF -12s in tomorrow. Got to figure out if I want low noise adapter not.

A problem I have with the stock h100i fans is at boot and is driving my wife crazy well crazier. anyways guys thanks for the info. :cool:

Archived