Corsair Community

To Hydro Cool or Not to Hydro Cool

Kix

I have always wondered about Hydro cooling a machine. Is it safe? Maybe I’m getting the wrong idea or just missing the whole point entirely. I would think that there would be condensation of some kind. :eek: I guess I just don't understand how these hydro cool systems work. :confused: Do they cool that much better then a fan driven system? I know how fans keep things cool and I know how air conditioning keeps things cool but how does the liquid in these devices keep things cool?

Thanks

Kix

I would think that there would be condensation of some kind. :eek: I know how fans keep things cool and I know how air conditioning keeps things cool but how does the liquid in these devices keep things cool?

Thanks

Kix

Highspeed noisy CPU fans, using air as cooling media.

HCX the liquid is the cooling media transferring heat to out side of case to rad.

HCX is not Chilled with A/C it will cause condensation if not vapour sealed properly.

HCX cools with liquid, pump and rad&fan(very silent compare to cpu type)

better than cpu&fan setup by afew degress cooler

Cool thanks for the info. I see that there is alot of green like radiator fluid. Can you get it in any other color? If not I guess you can always make black by having a yellow hose eh? Just an idea. :idea:

Thanks

Ryan

The fluid never drops below room temperature, so there is no risk of condensation. It does work considerably better at cooling (with the same or less noise) as air cooling. This is because you are using water which has a fairly high thermal capacitance to move heat to a radiator that will have much more surface area then even the biggest heatsink (that I know of). Basicly of the same reason most cars are liquid cooled.

You'll have to use a coolant that is covered by the hydrocool warrenty but beyond that there are several coolant dyes out on the market.

Archived