Corsair Community

Corsair Link Software

Tetra123

Hey

I am writing here, because I didnt want to start a new thread :P

Anyway is there any option in the link software that would turn off my h100i fans completely when the temperatures are low (lower than eg. 50C).

Can you cinsider adding this option maybe?

Thanks!

I will add what might be a bug in the corsairlink 2.2.0:

1. USB issues, the software wouldn't detect the h80i pump/led/fans everytime I turn on/restart my PC with my usb card reader and/or usb gamepad still connected.

If I disconnect my card reader and gamepad from the usb port before turning on or restarting my PC, only then CL software can detect my h80i.

2. HDD S.M.A.R.T issues, at least on my seagate internal hdd the corsairlink read/report the wrong temperature. If I set to show in fahrenheit, it will tell me that my seagate is 42'F. If I set to show in celcius, it will tell me that my seagate is 108'C.

why not go in detail of your problems and what was done to resolve it for others benefit,,,thx

I have had limited time to check out the new software properly.

I now have a replacement unit and fans and it is doing a good job of cooling and is pretty quiet.

My main issue after this was the software conflicting with my Dlink USB powered hub. No matter what combination I tried it would always crash if this was connected. The new software has resolved this. I have noticed though if set to start on pc startup it crashes on boot. I also put a new PC case jpg and it did not save it for next use and has reverted back to the original. Need more time to explore but my main issue with USB has been resolved which is great.

I now have 4 fans being controlled by the software and on Intelburntest at max my 10% overclocked i7 980x processor stays below 60C. My idle temps are 37C average across the 6 cores. Using Realtemp. Need to test more when I increase my overclock.

Overall I am satisfied with this cooler and the concept is good but have had to spend way too much time resolving issues. The service has been a saviour but Corsairs R&D is not good releasing this new product before what looks like pretty basic testing. This has cost them in rma and fans etc and credibility of their products and I am sure a few ar*** have been kicked about this. Would I buy another Corsair product? hmmm not before checking out if any issues have been posted.

new software does nothing for me. my h80i (connected using the usb cable provided with the cooler) still cannot be detected in the software. cant be arsed to use a usb cable to connect it to a usb port instead, since the cooler is supposed to work with the usb mobo header. cmon corsair. you can do better:mad:

Just installed the new software...

The update fixed CL's reading of my seagate drive....

But the bug with my front case usb port still exist. That is everytime I connect a gamepad or card reader from the front usb port, H80i would crasj (cannot detect fans, led, pump, and radiator temp).

*added comment:

Would it be possible to have a beta release of CL in the forum before release in the website? That way some of us could test it and report via the forum.

Because in my experience as an account executive in creative agency and as a end user, constant release of updates in short period never be a good sign for consumer goods. It does show that the tech/engineering dept. are working hard and doing the extra miles... But it is the PR dept. and communication/creative/ad agencies that have to deal with opinion backlash after that, and I have seen serious backlash in one of the campaign I handled.

(sorry for sidetracking with my workplace horror stories... hehehe)

Hi

Something really strange has just happened. I decided to delete all old software, profiles etc and re-install the new software. Now it is running a lot smoother and under full load my 10% overclocked i7 980x is running at 47C which is brilliant. The fans are not going above 750rpm so very quiet too. Idle temp 28C.

I must have missed the clear instructions with the new software release!!!

new software does nothing for me. my h80i (connected using the usb cable provided with the cooler) still cannot be detected in the software. cant be arsed to use a usb cable to connect it to a usb port instead, since the cooler is supposed to work with the usb mobo header. cmon corsair. you can do better:mad:

I'd suggest you try a mini USB b to Type A cable and see if the software detects the H80i. If it does, there may be a problem with the USB LINK cable. You can request an RMA to replace the USB LINK cable.

Just installed the new software...

The update fixed CL's reading of my seagate drive....

But the bug with my front case usb port still exist. That is everytime I connect a gamepad or card reader from the front usb port, H80i would crasj (cannot detect fans, led, pump, and radiator temp).

*added comment:

Would it be possible to have a beta release of CL in the forum before release in the website? That way some of us could test it and report via the forum.

Because in my experience as an account executive in creative agency and as a end user, constant release of updates in short period never be a good sign for consumer goods. It does show that the tech/engineering dept. are working hard and doing the extra miles... But it is the PR dept. and communication/creative/ad agencies that have to deal with opinion backlash after that, and I have seen serious backlash in one of the campaign I handled.

(sorry for sidetracking with my workplace horror stories... hehehe)

Latest BIOS, chipset drivers and drivers for your devices?

Releasing beta software isn't the best option as it is possible any software can damage the OS, applications, etc.

Hi

Something really strange has just happened. I decided to delete all old software, profiles etc and re-install the new software. Now it is running a lot smoother and under full load my 10% overclocked i7 980x is running at 47C which is brilliant. The fans are not going above 750rpm so very quiet too. Idle temp 28C.

I must have missed the clear instructions with the new software release!!!

Are you using the Cooling Node or a Hydro Series i cooler?

Are the fans grouped with the preferred temperature?

Have you tried running them at max?

I'd suggest you try a mini USB b to Type A cable and see if the software detects the H80i. If it does, there may be a problem with the USB LINK cable. You can request an RMA to replace the USB LINK cable.

Latest BIOS, chipset drivers and drivers for your devices?

Releasing beta software isn't the best option as it is possible any software can damage the OS, applications, etc.

Are you using the Cooling Node or a Hydro Series i cooler?

Are the fans grouped with the preferred temperature?

Have you tried running them at max?

H100i

That is my custom setting, I can run at max but dont need to with those temps.

I've tried that before on CL 2.2. Using the mini usb b to type A cable works. I've requested a USB link cable before, but it didnt work.

I was hoping the new CL will fix this issue but apparently not. Dont see a need to use a type A cable for now.

• Corsair Employees
I've tried that before on CL 2.2. Using the mini usb b to type A cable works. I've requested a USB link cable before, but it didnt work.

I was hoping the new CL will fix this issue but apparently not. Dont see a need to use a type A cable for now.

Try unplugging all USB devices before installing version 2.3. (leave a mouse to navigate) and see if that detects your cooler.

Archived