Corsair Community

Multiple Win8 BSODs..

xowgax

Hey all,

I'm running into multiple BSODs whenever I do something which pushes my computer like 3d gaming and HD video encoding.

I'm running Windows 8 Pro x64 on a Sabertooth X79 with 8x 4gb sticks of CMZ16GX3M4X1866C9, BIOS set to use XMP..

Recent BSODs include:

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (x4)

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (x2)

I've run both Memtest and Windows 8's Memory Diagnostics Tool but neither show any issues..

Any help would be much appreciated!

If you google your BSOD codes there are a few possibilities. Most of them point towards buggy or corrupt drivers somewhere.

Memory corruption is also one of the possibilities , but since memtest and Windows memory diagnostics come up clean I would say it's a software issue somewhere.

Hey peanutz, thanks for your reply.

I've been searching for solutions everywhere, but the last 6 BSODs have all been Memory_Management. I've tried updating all my drivers & firmware to latest revisions but it doesn't seem to have helped..

Is there any other type of software test I can run to narrow down the problem?

You might try setting the memory voltage to 1.55v and see if that helps any with the BSOD's.

You could also try testing the modules one at a time in the first MB slot with memtest. Let each stick run for a minimum of three passes just to be sure you do not have a failing module.

Let us know how you make out.

Archived