Corsair Community

Are the 600T case fans okay?

soopytwist

In terms of noise and cooling that is. I've always stuck with the fans that come with a case and while I respect and acknowledge Corsair for very good quality I'd like to know if the fans that come with the case are adequate or should I buy some of their AF Quiet Edition fans instead?

I was thinking of replacing the front fan with a Corsair Quiet Edition, though I don't seem to be able to find any that are 200mm. The rear fan I'll replace with an AF120 and another two of these to replace the ones that came with the H100i - will the AF120 fans be quieter and cooler than the fans that came with the H100i?

Anyway, do I stick with the fans that came with the 600T or get some better ones for less noise?

Honestly I thought my 600T fans were very poor performers (one of several reasons why I switched to the 500R). But you must understand that I bought my 600T in April of 2011 and I believe the 600T fans have gone through several iterations since then. But I can speak only to what I have first-hand knowledge of and my fans, though very quiet, were simply inadequate for my cooling needs.

the case fans are fine, but some replace them as a personal choice for looks.

the H100i comes with very good static pressure fans, if you want to replace them anyway you do not want to use the AF (air flow) fans on a radiator as the AF fans are for moving lots of air through a case or out of a case, you would want to use SP (static pressure) fans as they are for pushing air through restricted things like a radiator or very tight mesh case filters. the Corsair SP quiet additions are better looking but i think they perform just as good as the fans that come on the H100i

If you purchased an earlier model 600T, you won't be able to replace the front 200mm fan with an after market fan thicker than 20mm, or it simply won't fit without modifying your 600T.

A good majority of 200mm fans are 25 - 30 mm thick, so be careful when choosing a replacement front fan.

I had an issue with one of my 200mm fans with the 600T from new, Corsair replaced it without the need to send anything back, and they did it very quickly. They also sent me the fans later fitted to the 600T White SE, that outperformed and were of a later design than the fans fitted to the original Graphite 600T. These new fans have more than coped with the loads I place on my rig and are well up for the task :).

Now, the same fans are fitted to all models.

Archived