Corsair Community

Power On problem with AX650

zwindler

Hello,

I think I have a problem with my PSU AX 650.

From some time now I have had more and more trouble to power on my computer. At first it was rather random, but now most of the time I need to switch on/off the power switch on the back of the power supply, or even unplug/plug the power cord several times to make it work.

I have absolutly no problem when I do succeed to power it on though. Under load/ingame the PSU is working perfectly, I have no stability issue.

At first I thought it could be the motherboard, but I changed my motherboard a few months back when the problem was present but still a random issue.

I also thought it could be the power switch but :

- I never had any problem to power OFF using the power switch

- A friend lent me a small PSU and there doesn't seem to be any problems at power on with this one (tried a few times to power on)

- I tried to do the paperclip test. I think it failed though I'm not a 100% sure: as I had no fan that could be plugged directly on the PSU, I put a DVDROM drive instead. I could not rely on the fact that the PSU fan was not spinning at all as I seem to understand that it's normal for this fan not to spin under light load ofr this model of PSU.

I'd like to avoid to return it so if you think it could be something else, I'll take any suggestion. I'd be happy to check/recheck everything, because I fear RMA will be a long process due to transit, and I have no spare at all so I'll have no PC until then (or I'll have to buy another one in the meantime).

Regards

I'd like to avoid to return it so if you think it could be something else, I'll take any suggestion. I'd be happy to check/recheck everything, because I fear RMA will be a long process due to transit, and I have no spare at all so I'll have no PC until then (or I'll have to buy another one in the meantime).

Sorry, it looks like RMA time. But you can always call CS and request an advanced RMA . They will send you a new PSU first before you have to send the old one bak. So that will keep your downtime to a minimum.

Just use the link on the left to request an RMA and once you receive your case number call CS on Monday and let them know you would like an advanced replacement.

Archived