Corsair Community

H80i & Corsairlink 2 not able to control fans win8

Avilon

Hi

Im new to the liquid cooling blocks and this is my first , corsair in the other hand is one of my first choises , but with this product im geting allot of problems:

although corsair announces that the 2.2.0 supports win8 allot of people in this forum say it dosent

1. no control over the h80i fans (they dont even show up) , working on 100% , very noisy , need to use asus software to lower it down.

2. wronge temp reports when it can read something , and 2 drives showing up at the 150C ......

i searched the web for answers and in this form , to no avail :) would like to get assistance from corsair or someone in this forum with the right knowledge.

thanks for helping and sorry for my english (from israel)

Rather the opposite, Corsair has on numerous occasions stated tha it doesn't support Win 8 in many many threads here.

But the general solution wich helped me as well was to uninstall Link, then reboot the pc, then right click on the setup file and make it run as administrator and make it run i compability mode for Win 7.

thanks for answering so fast , was my mistake about supporting win8 , sadly installing & running it under win7 compatibility and as administrator didn't help me .

I was also wondering if the fans are supposed to be connected to the pump unit or to motherboard chassis/optional fan connections or it doesn't really matter ?

thanks for answering so fast , was my mistake about supporting win8 , sadly installing & running it under win7 compatibility and as administrator didn't help me .

I was also wondering if the fans are supposed to be connected to the pump unit or to motherboard chassis/optional fan connections or it doesn't really matter ?

Did you reboot after uninstalling?

I wanted to update that I got all connected and can see & control the fans via CL2 , but there is a horrible noise coming from the fans even on quite so I switched back to using the motherboard connections , its a huge disappointment to have finally succeeded in getting it all working but to have to disconnect due to annoying noise the fans make ,and I got much better results cooling wise from 30c on idle to 25c so I rather use CL2, hope it will be fixed in the next update , thanks again for helping me out , much appreciated.

dose any one know when they are expecting an update ?

High pitched and rumbling , if I wouldn't have connected the fans to the motherboard and heard that they can run silently I would have thought that the fans are broken or something was wrong with the pump.....

I don't know what PWM is but my two fans are 3 pin connected now to the motherboard chassis fan 1 and 2

Archived