Corsair Community

RMA'ed Vengeance M90 is dead out of the box

matt_cb

Last month (January), I had sent my vengeance m90 gaming mouse that has a faulty mouse wheel. Everything still functions well except the non-responsive mousewheel. So I asked for an RMA and the corsair guys gave me a replacement a week after I sent my mouse.

unfortunately, the one they sent me is dead right out of the box. Now I've already sent a couple of RMA requests but I am not getting any confirmation e-mail that the RMA dept has received my request (isn't that automated?). Is the RMA dept network offline?

Also, would corsair send me another mouse without sending the dead one back? I've suggested in my RMA request that I could send them a picture with the mouse cord cut and manually signed (For credibility), just to avoid the cost of sending the mouse back. I'm from PH and the shipping costs around 20USD (A third of the cost of the unit already)

thanks guys

@RAMGUY

Hi, the original RMA request that went smooth but gave me a dead unit out of the box is 5402120. The other request I made that I managed to note down is 5637906 (I was expecting the first request to be automatically sent to my email so I didn't bother keeping the RMA number). Not sure if this helps, your office at Hongkong was the address where I sent the mouse (with faulty wheel). Thanks!

@Synthohol

I should follow their office hours right? Or do they accept calls 24/7? Thanks!

CASE NUMBER: 5637906

I'd been sent an e-mail and they've given me a link to an RMA request. Haven't filled out the request form because I need to enter some serials and lot codes (mouse is not with me at the moment). Hope this RMA request will not make me send the defective one to them :(

Thanks for the replies guys (Synthohol and RAM GUY). Will update when something happens.

• Corsair Employee
That request would have to be made to our customer service but I would suggest calling them by phone tomorrow after 7:30 AM Pacific Time and I am sure they will take care of you. You can call the toll free number listed under contact on the main site and if you are out side the USA you can call using SKYPE and it will be a free call.

@RAM GUY

Wilco. haven't called them yet because I've said I will wait for the Prepaid shipping label requested for me.

It was supposed to be e-mailed to me within 2-3 business days. It's been 4 days so I think it's best to call for a follow up.

• 2 weeks later...

doing some thread necromancy here because I am facing new issues.. :(

the local UPS here is charging me for a Courier Inspection fee even though corsair has a provided me a prepaid shipping label. :( and it costs a few USD shy of the shipping fee I paid the last time around..

Would calling corsair thru skype give me alternatives or should I just forget about this warranty altogether? I was hoping corsair would provide me with a different courier service that has no red tape.

• Corsair Employee

I am sorry about that, and yes please contact our customer service there are no other charges normally but some countries may have other fees that are not included but our customer service should be able to help with that.

I did send them a message for you and asked them to look into this and contact you.

• 5 weeks later...
I'll play necro and revive this thread again, was just wondering why does corsair need the actual defective unit returned? Could I just do something like cut the cord or even destroy the mouse if they need proof that I would not try and fix the mouse?

Archived