Corsair Community

I am afraid of my CMZ16GX3M4X1600C9

Ender6600

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can give me hands on information about compatibility of these modules. I admit i did not do my homework before buying the memory, i just wanted 16GB Corsair memory, and knowing the Corsair quality, i went with this model, it is 4x4GB DDR3 1600Mhz.

My problems manifested when i did not even manage to get past POTS on my ASUS P8Z77 V-LK with more then one memory module, but it seems that it was MOBO error and i will get a replacement board tomorrow.

I was thinking of getting ASRock’s Z77 Extreme4, but my memory is not listed as compatible there either! Is my memory some special Intel Q97 or whatever quad channel and therefore incompatible with any of those 77 boards? Will it work? I checked the configurator, it is not suggesting this memory :(.

CPU is Intel i5 3570K.

Please help fast if poss :).

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can give me hands on information about compatibility of these modules. I admit i did not do my homework before buying the memory, i just wanted 16GB Corsair memory, and knowing the Corsair quality, i went with this model, it is 4x4GB DDR3 1600Mhz.

My problems manifested when i did not even manage to get past POTS on my ASUS P8Z77 V-LK with more then one memory module, but it seems that it was MOBO error and i will get a replacement board tomorrow.

I was thinking of getting ASRock’s Z77 Extreme4, but my memory is not listed as compatible there either! Is my memory some special Intel Q97 or whatever quad channel and therefore incompatible with any of those 77 boards? Will it work? I checked the configurator, it is not suggesting this memory :(.

CPU is Intel i5 3570K.

Please help fast if poss :).

Thanks!

Hi Ender6600

ASUS P8Z77 V-LK and CMZ16GX3M4X1600C9 chould be compatible!!!

Did you cheack for Bios update É

As it improve system stability,compatibility ove memory and Add high frequency DRAM Supprot

Hope this help

Sincerly yours

Hi Ender6600

ASUS P8Z77 V-LK and CMZ16GX3M4X1600C9 chould be compatible!!!

Did you cheack for Bios update É

As it improve system stability,compatibility ove memory and Add high frequency DRAM Supprot

Hope this help

Sincerly yours

Hi Turbo,

Yeah i did. I actually managed to get past POTS with only 1 stick of 4GB in 3rd slot of memory slots. ANY other combination (1 stick on other slot, 2 sticks, 4 sticks) would not POST.

Updated BIOS with that 1 stick, but didnt help.

But like i said, i found out later when nothing worked that i actually have some bent pins on the socket, so prolly the memory controller on the CPU could not work its work.

I RMA-d the board, and will receive new one tomorrow. I was just hoping someone tested this memory with Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, since it is not on Asrock list of compatible memory...

Archived