Corsair Community

Issue installing the H80i - Question

DeaconFrost

I recently purchased the H80i along with a new motherboard, the Intel DZ77GA-70K. I think the processor socket is a little closer to the back of the case than on other boards. I'm trying to mount these products in a Carbide 300R. When I install the H80i traditionally, it hangs almost out to the edge of the processor, making it a little difficult to get the water block onto the processor.

I'm looking for some suggestions as to how to remount the H80i. For example, would it be possible/acceptable to put the rear case fan outside the case? That might give me another inch or so of clearance, and put less stress on the tubing.

If that isn't an option, would the radiator work properly if I mounted it to the top of the case, using one of those fan slots?

I recently purchased the H80i along with a new motherboard, the Intel DZ77GA-70K. I think the processor socket is a little closer to the back of the case than on other boards. I'm trying to mount these products in a Carbide 300R. When I install the H80i traditionally, it hangs almost out to the edge of the processor, making it a little difficult to get the water block onto the processor.

I'm looking for some suggestions as to how to remount the H80i. For example, would it be possible/acceptable to put the rear case fan outside the case? That might give me another inch or so of clearance, and put less stress on the tubing.

If that isn't an option, would the radiator work properly if I mounted it to the top of the case, using one of those fan slots?

you can choose either of the options you mentioned,either will work just fine

many run the rad. on top

• Corsair Employee
H80i cooler is a closed loop system, you can pretty much mount the radiator any way you prefer and will not affect the cooler's performance. You can mount the rad where ever you think it will benefit you the most in terms of air flow and mounting convenience.

Archived