Corsair Community

XMS2 4gb kit problem

nanospasm

Hi all, I bought the above of eBay a few days ago basically because I can't help tinkering and wanted to eek out my old PC for another year or two before going ddr3 etc . Also with the 2x2 gig sticks I have removed from my PC I was able to upgrade our girls PC as an added bonus.

So cut to the chase, I find myself here hopefully not clutching at straws.

I have installed them correctly and my PC boots up no problem but (and heres the problem) only at 800mhz not 1066mhz . Everything in bios is set to auto.

So, is there a solution to my conundrum?

Many Thanks!

Thanks for the reply and information :)

I have discovered that if I press ctrl+F1 at the same time I get into a more advanced section of the bios where its possible to change all the settings but! what are the `settings` ? I guess I just need to know what timings,voltages and speed I need to use for these two awesome sticks to work :)

I will upgrade to a 64bit at sometime in the future but im not gonna change yet as my pc is all in all adequate for me.

You may ask why do I want 1066mhz instead of 800mhz ram ? well just because I can really :) Just like to see the 1066 in writing and I guess fully utilize whats possible with my cofiguration of hardware.

Many Thanks !

So.... sorry to bump the thread so soon but would really appreciate some resolution on this :)

On the back of the package it clearly says `Get unlimited support with our tech experts by visiting :http://www.asktheramguy.com etc. etc. so im asking the ram guy ... I know your here some where! :)

Thanks for the reply and information :)

I have discovered that if I press ctrl+F1 at the same time I get into a more advanced section of the bios where its possible to change all the settings but! what are the `settings` ? I guess I just need to know what timings,voltages and speed I need to use for these two awesome sticks to work :)

Many Thanks !

Hi nanospasm

If you need to now timings,voltages ove XMS2 4gb 1066MHz kit.

I will need the model!!! Because thers more then 1 kit ove XMS2 4gb 1066MHz.

http://www.corsair.com/us/catalogsearch/result/?q=XMS2+4gb+1066MHz

If you look on Newegg wesit Ther is TWIN2X4096-8500C5C G kits not even listed on Corsair. But this is just to show you the piture ove memory modual.

As you see on photo the Speed 1066MHz, capacity ove 2048MB at A latency ove 5-6-6-18 and a voltage ove 2.1V. This is just a exmple, as you may not ave the same memory kit model. But look on side ove memory modual and u wil have all information you need.

Did you check for motherboard Bios update? As it improve stability and compatibility ove system.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3490#bios

Hope this help

Sincerly yours

20-145-247-06.jpg.487505245f92cce7ae569e4119a2bbb0.jpg

Big respect and thanks Synthohol for holding my hand during my journey through this operation :)

And also respect to Turbonerfs101e for the input :)

OK sorry to smash and grab and leave but I have a bid on ebay for a new Corsair vx450 power supply I need to win because my 300w Liteon is probably a bit weak for a radeon 7850 gpu ;)

Love long and prosper!

Big respect and thanks Synthohol for holding my hand during my journey through this operation :)

And also respect to Turbonerfs101e for the input :)

OK sorry to smash and grab and leave but I have a bid on ebay for a new Corsair vx450 power supply I need to win because my 300w Liteon is probably a bit weak for a radeon 7850 gpu ;)

Love long and prosper!

Hi again nanospasm

If you want to change PSU Corsair vx450 will be weak to.

My sucgestion is a 650 to 750 watts PSU

I agree a 450 is really cutting it close. You may have stability issues with just 450w.

BTW, you could also adjust the timings manually and set them to what EPP is. If it isn't stable back them back down. I'm betting you could set the two 8's to 7's real easy and then go to six if all is good. tighter timings will give you a little more speed out of them.

Hi Peanutz and Turbonerfs101,

I have won the bid for the VX450.... I have read that the VX450 is really 500watts.

And ive also read that a 500w psu is just enough for the 7850...

I have removed the 1tb barracuda from my sytem as tbh I wont use it, so all I'll be running off the psu is my motherboard+cpu, graphics card, bluray drive and my ssd. I'm guessing the removal of the barracuda will give me a little more headroom?

A .5kw pc is enough for me!

Many Thanks! :)

I have won the bid for the VX450.... I have read that the VX450 is really 500watts.

Like in this article? Notice it says identical too...as in build and components. But also goes on to say later on in the article that in no way you should expect it to put out 500w because it is a totally differnt PSU. So if you are banking on 500w PSU being barely enough then this will be under powered.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Corsair-VX450W-Power-Supply-Review/540/4

I know this is the wrong section for this threads mutation but anyway... I have been running my Radeon 7850 with the vx450 with dirt3 on ultra in 3d (TriDef3D) on my 1080p 49inch tv with no problems except the dx11 problem which is documented. Now I have my eye on a H50 liquid cooler because it looks cool.

Cheers all!

Archived