Corsair Community

intel DZ77SL-50K VENGEANCE 1600 ?

vtv60

HI

I have the above m/b and 8gb of the above ram.whenever i put the 2 modules in the system it blue screens.1 module works fine does not matter which one they are both fine just not together.OS is Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit,i3 cpu.any help appreciated.

cheers

warrick

It's pretty cut and dry. Both sticks work on their own and boot fine individually but not when you put them together. So it's going to be either the board itself or a bad RAM slot.

If you really wanted to you could test the memory with memtest, but in this case I think it would be just wasted time.

Just as a "hail mary" you could try adjusting the DIMM voltage first. Go ahead and insert both sticks but go to your BIOS first and set the memory to 1.55v first and then 1.6v if you need to. But if it still exhibits the same behavior it would really point towards the MB.

thanks for your help.it seems that it is either the hard drive or the installed windows.at this stage 90% it is windows.going to reinstall & see how it goes.thanks again for helping to elimanate one of the potential problems.

cheers

warrick

Archived