Corsair Community

H100i high pitched noise after using fan control.

Copyright

Ok guys,

I love the Link 2 software and what it does. The problems that is soon as I started using the fan control software I get a high pitched noise from my PC now that drives me nuts. I am aware of new fans coming out but I don't want to have to run corsair fans! Why can't this work the way its supposed to? Is there REALLY a fix coming to fix the high pitched noise? I read the older firmware had a rattle noise that got fixed with a firmware update but left this high pitched noise instead. Is there really a fix coming for this that does not include me replacing my fans that work fine on any other controller?

Thank you!

Request an RMA and tell them your H100i has the high pitched noise. They should give you instructions for the new fans.

Guess you didn't read what I wrote... I don't want new fans. I prefer the fans I like to run. So your telling me I am limited to running Corsair brand fans? No thanks! I guess here comes a custom loop. Corsair really should have done more testing with this pump.

The new firmware/software when it arrives should address loads of problems, including compatibility with other fans. I've got my fingers crossed for my GTs.

I hope your right.. I hear others talking about this but have yet to see someone from corsair mention this. Mine now has a high pitched noise without any fans hooked to it. This happened after I used the software. This cooler would be perfect if it wasn't for just a couple issues... Right now it makes me want to go back to air cooling or a custom loop. I will see if the next firmware resolves anything. As of now their software doesn't even work right with windows 8..

Well I heard a ton of pumps on Youtube making the same high pitched noise mine was making. I know its not a defective pump because I have seen so many with the issue.. I just wish Corsair would chime in and tell us they are working on a firmware update for noise that is coming from the pump and not just a fan fix when I am not running any fans off my pump! Are they really working on it? How in the hell did none of the reviewers notice the high pitched noise?

• Corsair Employee
Yes, we are and the fix is on its final stages to be released. We are just making sure that we don't overlook a specific issue. We will keep you guys posted. Once it is available for public release, it'll be posted in the forums and the website.

Archived