Corsair Community

Broken PSU, could it damage my other components?

Witchell

hello, i build my first pc about a month ago, until my psu decided to die. its all fine with sending it back, ive shipped it to corsair and its arrived but im getting worried, could the faulty PSU damage my other parts to my pc? how high are the chances? thanks a lot!

Ps: my psu was 600W Corsair Builder Series 600CX 80PLUS Bronze Power Supply

It's possible, but unlikely these days. Both the MB and the PSU have built in over voltage,ect protection.

If it just died as in failed to start one day or just shut off, I wouldn't worry about your other hardware too much...Now if there was smoke and flames involved...........

It's possible, but unlikely these days. Both the MB and the PSU have built in over voltage,ect protection.

If it just died as in failed to start one day or just shut off, I wouldn't worry about your other hardware too much...Now if there was smoke and flames involved...........

no smoke and flames :P just after about 5 hours of gaming, it would shut down and instantly restart, then after a couple days, it shut down and kept trying to start itself back up, but would instantly shut down one second later, and keep trying and trying, until i turned off the plug.

Archived