Corsair Community

1.8v DDR3 1600 Compatibility (Allienware)

speedmaster

I have a customer with an old Allienware Area51 that has 4 x 1Gb Corsair Dominators part # CM3X1G1600C8D4-R (1gb, DDR3, PC3-12800, 1.8 volts). I need to upgrade this computer to 8Gb or even 16Gb. What would be the most compatible modules (2x4Gb) or (4x4Gb) with the dominators already installed? I do not plan to use the 1Gb sticks but I'm concerned with the specs since they are 1.8volts modules and I need to find kits that are able to work with this voltage.

By the way...sorry but...THIS IS URGENT...:D:

Thank you

• Corsair Employees
And I am sorry but most of our current DDR3 modules would not be compatible with that system if it is the CPU and MB I suspect is installed as we are using memory IC's that are 512M X 8 which many older system will not support. But please post the MB and CPU information to be sure.

Here it goes guys....

Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 @ 3Ghz

Bus Speed 333.33

Front Side Bus 1333.30

Socket 775LGA

Yorkfield Series

Motherboard Allienware

Chipset Nvidia nForce 790 Ultra SLI SPP Rev B1

South Bridge Nvidia nForce 790 Ultra SLI MCP Rev A3

From CPUZ

Memory DDR3 4096Mb Dual Channel

Frequency 800Mhz

FSB 5.12

Timimg 8,8,8,24,40,2T

Slots 1 to 4

1024Mb

PC3-10700H 667Mhz

Corsair CM3X1G1600C8D4

Voltage 1.5V

Video: Nvidea GForce 9800GX2 512Mb / 256 bits

Hope this helps to find me 4x2Gbs modules or 4x4Gbs modules that are compatible.

Thank you in advance]

Speed

I was thinking exactly the same as RamGuy in the previous post. I don't believe Corsair would have anything compatible with that system any more.

I believe the issue would be limitations of the Nvidia Chipset in that board.

I suspect is installed as we are using memory IC's that are 512M X 8 which many older system will not support. But please post the MB and CPU information to be sure.

I'm pretty sure you would be limited to modules that are constructed with 256mb IC's so that MB would not be able to use anything current that corsair has to offer.

But let RG confirm this though

Tks Peanutz... hope RG have a solution... it was a very expensive system (6,000) when bought some years ago (2009) and it runs mostly flight simulation software and hardware (a full cockpit) and the new software can't run in less than 8Gb so we need to upgrade the memory or trash the machine which, we can understand, will be a pain after spending that much money in the computer... Cheers and let's wait for RG...

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry but as I said before there is no new parts I can suggest at this time.

The best choice would be to save your money and upgrade the MB and CPU that will support current memory technology. You can try fond some older modules that have 16 IC's per module and no larger than 4.0 Gig per module but they may be hard to find.

Archived