Corsair Community

CM2X1024-8500CMD problems

snotstorm

Hello!

Well this is my first post and i need your help guys!

First of all i bought a pair of these corsairs back in 2008, this was 1GBX1GB sticks ver.4.3 and then i bought another 1GBX1GB ver.5.1(4X1GB installed)

The problem started after a year of buying the other pair of sticks. This actually means there are times my PC wont start up, unless i take out at least 2 rams but sometimes 3 sticks of ram from my memory slots.

My timings are set on AUTO in the motherboard bios(asus m2n-e). This motherboard can only provide 1.95V at maximum and can only run at 800Mhz.

My question is that is it a problem now? Im asking because it was running flawlessly with the 2 sticks until I installed the new ones and it started not booting up at some points(but only after a year or so after the second pairs installed). If its a problem, then could you please provide some detailed information about the memory timings runing stable at 1.80-1.95V?

Or maybe i should ditch the whole thing and forget running these sticks stable at lower voltages....and buy a new computer maybe?:D

Tom

• Corsair Employee
Tom we don't recommend mixing memory since each kit could contain different IC's in the modules. What you want to do is test each kit individually to see if its a compatibility issue or a bad module. To do so, download memtest86 (http://www.memtest.org) and test each pair by itself through 3 passes. If both kits pass, then test one module in each DIMM slot to ensure its not a DIMM failure. This will help you isolate the issue to the module or if its a motherboard issue.

Archived