Corsair Community

Corsair 500r H100 Combo

Mikelarry

Hi, I have a Corsair 500R. I have installed my Corsair at the top with the fans inside the case and the rad sitting in the little top area with fans blowing out.

What i want to know, is can i have a push pull setup with this case? Id seems like i have to take off the top grill to fit fans on top, or is there some alternative configuration ?

Sure you can have a push-pull configuration but as you have already figured out, you won't be able to keep the top grill on the case. FWIW just about every H100 review that I've found that has covered the H100 in push-pull found negligible (in my opinion) improvement over the standard 2-fan configuration.

Oh Really? With so many push pulls out there i find that surprising ...

Yeah it seems a little dangerous to hate those fans sitting there, but nothing can fall in as it is within a Tower position beneath a desk.

I was also planning on installing a Fan on the bottom of the 500r blowing in.

Oh Really? With so many push pulls out there i find that surprising ...

Yeah it seems a little dangerous to hate those fans sitting there, but nothing can fall in as it is within a Tower position beneath a desk.

I was also planning on installing a Fan on the bottom of the 500r blowing in.

There's plenty of comparisons out there between P/p vs just a push or pull config and the temp difference is just a couple of degrees. So yeah, it's really more for looks than anything.

Archived