Corsair Community

H100i fan connector and Cooling Node

tastyhouse

Hi - I tried searching but couldn't find anything on this.

I have a new build and decided to run the pump RPM connector for the h100i (I think its only to read pump RPM) into my corsair link cooling node rather than the CPU fan header on the motherboard. While I get an CPU fan error every time I boot (the motherboard can't see the pump rpms) I wanted to know if this setup is fine as far as monitoring goes within the corsair link software?

Long story short - is it fine to plug the pump RPM connector into the cooling node or does it need to be connected to the motherboard header.

To be clear - i'm referring to the connector that is on the same wire as the SATA power cable on the h100i.

To be clear i do NOT have link yet about to order it soon, but if you wanted to connect the pump to the cooling node could you not just connect a lone case fan to the CPU_FAN header to "fake" the bios resulting in no CPU fan error? And then adjust the one fan to desired speed in the bios? Yes you lose control of the one fan in link software but you would get to monitor the pump speed. All just a guess like i said don't have link yet just had the idea pop in my head :)

When you plug the H100i into the Corsair Commander Unit or use the USB LINK Cable, the pump will be displayed as well as the coolant temp in the software. You don't need to plug it into a Cooling node fan slot to see the pump's RPM.

As mentioned before, I'd suggest you plug it into the CPU_FAN header to prevent the CPU_FAN error.

@Toasted - okay I worked through it yesterday - and if you have the h100i fan cable plugged into the cooling node it will register as another fan in the CL software which is basically useless since the software tells you the pump RPM already.

I just put it in the fan header on the motherboard so I don't have to get the error during post - wasn't sure if the corsair software needed the link or not. Thanks for your help.

Archived