Corsair Community

H100 High Temps on 1055T, Stock and OC.

Mikelarry

Hi im having issues with my H100.

Stock running few burn in tests for 10 minutes i hit 43 Socket temperature, (These CPU have inaccurate CPU temps)

When overclocking , i have my stats checked over (dont want to turn this into an OC forum) but my temps are just whack, it is hitting 56 degrees!

I have the setup in my profile, but its a 500R, i have removed all HDDs but the SSDs.

On another note the 500r is hard to hear a change in fans , but they are working enough as far as i am concerned.

I have a pic of the install that i have to query as the diagram in the manual does not depict, i have thermal pasted this thing twice (other than the initial pad included), i only noticed this just now, but the pins to not sit parralel, they have given way and bent, is this ok?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/Ra1DeN/CPU/20130129_190619_zpsbc9a102b.jpg

This is how much paste is used.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/Ra1DeN/CPU/20130129_185708_zps5fe95326.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/Ra1DeN/CPU/20130129_185648_zpscb1301fc.jpg

This is what i got the first time i thermal Pasted. A little more, (i think too much, but made little difference)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/Ra1DeN/CPU/20130127_142252_zpsf5cba58c.jpg

I'm not quite sure what the issue is..56c at that overclock is great! I would expect at least 60 with an AIR cooler given that OC. And even 46 at stock settings under load is also great.

What kind of temps were you expecting and why do you think the temp readings are off?

I have a pic of the install that i have to query as the diagram in the manual does not depict, i have thermal pasted this thing twice (other than the initial pad included), i only noticed this just now, but the pins to not sit parralel, they have given way and bent, is this ok?

Not sure whats going on there. But the brackets should not be bent like that. Either excessive force was used to tighten the cooling block or you have something in wrong.

The nuts on the cooling block should just be run down until they touch and then just snugged up. Not real tight.

Looking at the pic at the top you can see the one thumbscrew has had some serious force applied to it because the center portion looks rounded out where you would insert a screwdriver.

Those marks was cos i initially used a tiny screwdriver by accident.

But ok, i think the bending is an issue. (not sure if i did this first go)

And i seek lower temps as i have seen others in the field getting far lower, this CPU Cuts off around 65 im sure. Has turned off under load a few times, no BSOD, think this was due to heat.

I wouldnt think its an issue, but other temps for similar CPUs on various forums i have seen indicate otherwise, this is why my belief of malfunction is there.

If u have one of the 1055t with the temp issue (temp reported is 10° or so below actual) your temps are pretty bad depending on your voltage. I had 1 at 4ghz 1.55v on a cnps10x performa that never broke 45 in prime (55 actual). If u r adjusting your temps, as in posting what actual temps are I think you are right on par with what you should be getting.

I do not know how to determine if my 1055T suffers fromt his issue or not. I thought ALL Phenom 2s do this.

My Socket his 66, my CPU reports 56, if this my cpu is reporting inaccurately (as i think they all do) Then that is closer to 60-66 Degrees, which is too high for this CPU as far as i know.

• Corsair Employee

At 15-20 Deg C would be 59 Deg F to 68 Deg F and if you room temp is let's say 75 Deg F that would impossible to have a lower CPU Temp than your Room temp HOODedAssault

And an AMD Phenom 1XXXXT series over clocked to anything 4.0 Ghz + with a CPU Temp under load at 60 Deg C +- 5 deg would be great so I am sorry what you posted is totally wrong.

Please we like to see other helping but please be real with what you post.

And Mikelarry This is not out of line.

H100 High Temps on 1055T, Stock and OC.

Hi im having issues with my H100.

Stock running few burn in tests for 10 minutes i hit 43 Socket temperature, (These CPU have inaccurate CPU temps)

At 15-20 Deg C would be 59 Deg F to 68 Deg F and if you room temp is let's say 75 Deg F that would impossible to have a lower CPU Temp than your Room temp HOODedAssault

And an AMD Phenom 1XXXXT series over clocked to anything 4.0 Ghz + with a CPU Temp under load at 60 Deg C +- 5 deg would be great so I am sorry what you posted is totally wrong.

Please we like to see other helping but please be real with what you post.

Hey RG, i think you read that wrong or took it the wrong way. He wasn't saying it was possible. They were talking about how some of the Phenoms were known for reporting wrong temps. And that those temps the OP was looking for would not be possible unless you had chilled water or something that would be able to get below ambient temps.

The OP was adjusting his temps by 10c without knowing if his particular CPU suffered from that bug or not.

He agreed that what the OP was seeing for temps were pretty much right on par. :p:

If u have one of the 1055t with the temp issue (temp reported is 10° or so below actual) your temps are pretty bad depending on your voltage. I had 1 at 4ghz 1.55v on a cnps10x performa that never broke 45 in prime (55 actual). If u r adjusting your temps, as in posting what actual temps are I think you are right on par with what you should be getting.

I have since learned that the temps are accurate above 45 degrees (or under load) .

Thank you RAMGUY for responding. I still would have thought that under load on stock that would be lower, it seems i am mistaken but I just seem to find other users having much lower with a H100.

I would still like to ask about this bent apparatus i managed to do, is do they sell replacement AMD socket adapters?

RAMGUY what I posted is very accurate as I was describing the problem with original 1055t that had a temperature reporting issue that was 10° or so lower that actual CPU temperature. Must not of read all the posts. I know that its impossible to idle at those temperatures and for that reason it is a red flag that you have a CPU with the temp sensor issue. Peanutz understood what I meant lol. Figured I'd posted enough around here to not be seen as one of those noobs who expects lower than ambient idle temps out of there hydro kit.

I dont know who told you temps were accurate above 45. If you have a cpu with the temp sensor issue it is off by approximately 10C whether under load or at idle. Thats the reason youd be shutting down at 55C because its actually 65 or so. Whoever told you about above 45 being accurate was wrong. I've owned a few and this is not true. I believe socket temp is what should go by if u have a cpu with this problem. its with 1-2C of core temps. So what are your socket temps.

That thread made me laugh. so sick of people saying to force cpu fan header to 100% in bios. ITS A SIGNAL WIRE. H100 gets its power from 4pin molex and sends a signal to the cpu header. Yet i here this bs all the time. so stupid.

edit: scrolled up and saw ur socket temps were 60-66C. this means your core temps are about the same. whats your rpm say off the cpu header in your mobo software or something like hwmonitor. should be around 2000-2200rpm if i remember correctly. Also, wtf happened to your mount. didnt think the tabs were supposed to bend down like that. did you maybe put them on upside down...

think what you want but AMD technician is going to tell you something to make there product not seam so broken. Hes wrong. There is NO WAY your socket temp would be 10C higher than your core temps. other way around if anything but with AMD they are very close together. Socket is usually 1-2C cooler than core temps. your cpu will shut off somewhere between 63-66C core temps depending on the cpu. proof right there im right. since yours is shutting down at 55C clearly the temp issue does not magically go away after a certain temperature. Also when it goes off does it bluescreen or anything or does it just shutdown and reboot and not say anything. If it bluescreens its not the overheating triggering it. well it could be, but its not the overheat protection.

Your distracting from the goddamn point for one.

And no one said the socket temps are 10 higher, at high load those temps get FAR closer together, hence the offset temperature argument from AMD.

And yes, when it crashes usually it just shuts off, i fixed the BSOD issues.

The point of this is the H100 SHOULD BE COOLING MY CPU MORE THAN ENOUGH BUT IT ISNT

http://www.overclock.net/t/720502/the-1055t-owners-club/4610#post_19196740

Your distracting from the goddamn point for one.

And no one said the socket temps are 10 higher, at high load those temps get FAR closer together, hence the offset temperature argument from AMD.

And yes, when it crashes usually it just shuts off, i fixed the BSOD issues.

The point of this is the H100 SHOULD BE COOLING MY CPU MORE THAN ENOUGH BUT IT ISNT

http://www.overclock.net/t/720502/the-1055t-owners-club/4610#post_19196740

You did actually. Post#5. Check you pump rpm and could you let us know your case ventilation. As in how many intake fans and exhaust and where they're placed. If its shutting off then your cores are hitting 63° or so. It is a problem. Or you may just have a bad IHS mount. Let us know the previous info n we'll see. Also what orientation is the h100. I assume its in the top but are fans pushing through exhausting or pulling exhausting or in taking. Are your fans running off the fan controller on the block and if so are they ramping up wen CPU heats up.

Alright for the details,

Its a 500R with 2 Intake fans at the front, 1 side intake. The exhaust is the Rear fan, and the 2 for the H100, you were correct the H100 is at the top, followed by the Fans inside the case blowing out.

I have Emptyt HDD Cages other than 2 SSDs at the bottom. (Removed other's for this purpose)

I was thinking of installing an intake in the bottom of the case, infront of the PSU, therre is a spot for one.

• Corsair Employee

Pump is running fine even with 100rpm fluctuation.

Not sure how the brackets were bent but I have a feeling that's due to over tightening the thumbscrews that will usually cause high temp due poor contact between the CPU and cold plate. Submit an RMA and indicate that you need a new set of bracket for the cooler.

You could do a little test by pushing down on the pump lightly and see if your temps drop. Would be a definitive answer ifthey did drop. Even if they ddon't I'd still RMA that bent bracket. By down I mean toward the motherboard. Increasing the pressure between CPU and copper base of the pump.

Archived