Corsair Community

C70 vengeance questions (airflow related)

Humbug

I am planning on moving my components into this case as part of long term upgrade path, just have a couple of questions.

-I will be moving the stock hard drive cage fans to the front of the case, to suck in cool air from outside. Considering the difficultly in moving air through the dust filter and past the hard drive cage (lower one will be removed though) would there be any real benefit to replacing these with 2 x SP120s? .

-After removing the lower hard drive cage will there be room at the bottom of the case for 2 x AF140s? I don't have a monster PSU.

I am planning on moving my components into this case as part of long term upgrade path, just have a couple of questions.

-I will be moving the stock hard drive cage fans to the front of the case, to suck in cool air from outside. Considering the difficultly in moving air through the dust filter and past the hard drive cage (lower one will be removed though) would there be any real benefit to replacing these with 2 x SP120s? .

-After removing the lower hard drive cage will there be room at the bottom of the case for 2 x AF140s? I don't have a monster PSU.

Take a look at mine, with 1 or both HDD cages if move the stock fans to the very front and then add AF 120's to the inside of the cages there will be plenty of airflow throught he cages trust me. If you have a monster PSU then, like mine you can remove the bottom cage and add an AF 140 to the bottom but in you case it would have to be at the very fron under the cages. This case has extremely good airflow and is very cool so almost any balanced configuration, I have 3 exhaust at top back and 3 intake at bottom front w/1 fan to help pull air throught he HDD cages aand beleive me it's cool as can be.

After.thumb.jpg.7b6c2170e4dd52c8f6c1c3b4c542cfb9.jpg

Archived