Corsair Community

Vengeance CMZ8GX3M4X1600C9 with Rampage IV Formula Compatibility?

1BadK10

Hey guys, new here to corsair forums. I have a question.

I really want to get some Corsair Vengeance ram to go with my Rampage iv Formula. I want to get CMZ8GX3M4X1600C9. I want to stick with 1600MHZ in either 8 or 16 GB. Now, I've checked out Corsair's website and it says it's compatible, but Asus QVL does not list this ram. I have read that Vengeance ram and Asus X79 boards don't mix all that well. I want like to know if it is compatible. Has any one used this configuration? I use this computer for Gaming Only. Processor will be overclocked to 4.0-4.3ish

Thanks for the reply. Maybe someone from Corsair could answer my next question?

I see on Corsair website they have CMZ8GX3M4X1600C8R but it is out of stock. I've had my eye on that for about a month now and still out of stock. Is it just out of stock or discontinued? I would really like to go with the red to match with the rest of my parts.

I hope that's the case. I would really want to try and get those to go with my ROG board. I've checked everywhere locally and they don't carry them. I've check alot online and are not carried or they are more than the price that Corsair lists them at. They are not even listed on NewEgg or TigerDirect. I may have to end up giving Corsair a call to find out for sure.

I decided to go with CML16GX3M4X1600C8. They are Low Profile 16GB, which i really don't need LP since i'm using the H100i, but i talked to a few people and they said they work on the ASUS RIVF board and it has a low CAS or 8. I can get them for $100 locally.

Archived